The Royal Twins

Consort Kim takes the baby princess from the crib. Taking the baby in her arms, she removes the baby's sucking thumb from her mouth. The baby holds her finger with her tiny hand. 

Nowadays, she used to come to the East Wing of the concubines' palace a lot just to get a glimpse of the twins. Taking the babies in her arms has become competitive as Queen Mother Gongwon, Concubine Park, and Wei Ling all come every day to get a glimpse and spend time with royal twins.

"Have you thought of any name for the babies yet?" Consort Kim rocks the baby in her arms.

"Not yet. The Queen Mother was saying to start the selection process after the solar eclipse. Her Royal Highness is thinking of keeping something related to former royal successors. If you have any suggestions, you can let her know, Consort Kim," Concubine Seo smiles. 

Concubine Park gives Consort Kim a death glare who tries to make the baby sleep.

As Consort Kim leaves, Concubine Park can't help but say what she was thinking, "Don't let her get closer to the babies. She never does anything that doesn't go in her favour."

       _______________________

Returning to her wing of the palace, Consort Kim finds her aunt, Kim Hae Jin, who recently became the head of the Andong Kim clan, waiting for her. For the first time, the Andong Kim clan has taken a female as a leader, after the death of the former head of household, Kim Myung Jae.

"Aunt, why are you here?" Consort Kim isn’t happy seeing her. This time they had nothing to do because of the guardian golden snake of Concubine Seo. The snake's constant presence was the main reason for their failure in effectively spying and sabotaging to harm the pregnant concubine.

"Is that not my responsibility to take care of my precious niece? Where were you? I have been here for a pretty long time," Hae Jin smiles sinisterly.

"In the East Wing. Maintaining distance will make others feel that I am not happy with the birth of the royal twins. So, trying to get along with Concubine Seo," Consort Kim explains, hiding her frown. 

"I would like to go too. But I heard Concubine Seo's wing has turned into a shelter for stray cats," Hae Jin complains as she has an allergy to furry things.

"His Imperial Majesty has adopted those stray cats as royal pets. Those are Concubine Seo's pets."

"Why wouldn’t he? Concubine Seo's personality matches with those stray cats. Who likes to have sex shamelessly in front of everyone like disgusting cats. Her pets give birth to dozens of trash and she has started by giving birth to the twins. At this rate, she will end up giving birth to dozens of trashy low-lives." 

              _________________________

Because of the solar eclipse, the festival won't happen this month, but the palace has unofficially started preparing for the future festival. It was a long day, Concubine Seo went for a walk in the garden. Her body still has not recovered from the changes that occurred during her pregnancy. Physician Han has advised her to walk gently in the morning and evening. 

Her heart skips a few beats noticing the bloodstain on the corridor leading to a special room prepared for the twins. The closer she steps towards the blood-stained footprints of something having four legs becomes more prominent. 

She almost runs towards the room, the white silk curtains which have been used to decorate this room also have scattered strains of blood and the footsteps are more prominent with red blood in this room.

She tries to scream upon finding the cribs empty, but the realization of her worst nightmares becoming a reality dries her throat making her mute. 

Her foot suddenly steps on something sticky and soft under the crib.

She screams at top of her lungs, noticing the crushed dead body of a golden snake in a pool of its blood under the baby cribs.

     *********************