The Dragon Warrior

Emperor Sinjong keeps his sword down. He takes off the jade belt from his robe. He has to dress so simply.

Today he has to sacrifice himself to the Dragon Goddess.

All of nature such as caves, mountains, and rivers are guarded by dragons. These dragons are warriors of dragon gods and goddesses. Ancient Goryeo has been worshiping a golden Dragon Goddess from a time that was forgotten.

When the balance between nature and people gets disturbed, disaster comes from the Dragon Goddess.

The relationship between the Goryeo royal family and the Dragon Goddess is ancient. It's believed that the emperor or ruler of this nation is reincarnated from Dragon Gods or nature-guarding dragon warriors on behalf of the Dragon Goddess.

Reincarnation repeats history, right?

Did Emperor Sinjong ever meet the Dragon Goddess in his previous life? That's the remaining question right now.

Who was Emperor Sinjong in his previous life?

          ________________________

The third day of the moonlit night. The moon is getting bigger. There was an eclipse, where the moon tried to dominate the sun for a few moments. These are an indication that the Dragon Goddess is now on earth. Both the moon and sun are trying to witness this event. So, there's no need to delay anymore. Emperor Sinjong prepares himself to leave the palace.

      ____________________________

When Sinjong reached the main portion of the Dragon Temple, the gorgeous, white silk robe and crown-wearing Concubine Seo could be seen from the back. 

She is now standing in front of the statue, seeming like she was waiting. At the sound of his footsteps getting near, she turns to face him.

This is not the Concubine Seo that the Emperor knows.

This is not her with sorrowful eyes.

This is the soul of the Dragon Goddess inseparable from Concubine Seo.

"Is this the way to welcome me?" Her seductive reddish lips draw a curve of a mysterious smile.

Emperor Sinjong kneels in front of her, as she keeps stepping towards him. Yes, he never kneeled in front of any blood-flesh structure except his emperor father in this life. But at least for this night, he is someone lower than Concubine Seo, the form of the Dragon Goddess.

As she stands in front of Sinjong, he takes her one hand. He leaves a passionate kiss on her milky white hand. At the touch of lips, Concubine Seo laughs. The sound of her laughs echoes in the stony hard wall of the temple.

"My Dragon Warrior, do you know how much time I needed to change the fate of your galaxy?" 

She kneels a bit in front of him and keeps her hand on his chin. Sinjong drowns in her mysterious brown orbs.

He can see a golden dragon roaring in pain, her tail has created violent waves in the water of the sea. Her wings are flapping not to fly but in agony. Her dragon warrior is covered with blood on an island in front of her.

The first birth of Sinjong as a dragon warrior of the Dragon Goddess. The dragon warrior fell in love with the Goddess and died to protect her.

"Every time I was higher than you. But no matter what, I never abandoned you. Have you forgotten me because this time I was born lower than you?" The Goddess in the form of Concubine Seo whispers.

"My Dragon Queen," the Emperor mumbles.

She stands up. She looks up indicating the round hole of the temple wall.

"Look how I have changed our fate and how I have changed your cursed fate. Once everyone said we can not be with each other. But now I have made the galaxy to be a witness to us from the sky. But your heart has changed this time? Are you not ready to die for me again? I wanted to live and die with you this time." She keeps a hand on his chest. A tear escapes from her eyes which are now sparkling in the moonlight.

She steps back with a smile.

"My Queen," Sinjong screams suddenly. He rapidly gets closer to her and keeps his hands on her waist.

"What type of lover and warrior I had who can't even read the beating of his own heart?" The Goddess in the form of Concubine Seo whispers. But the whisper kept echoing on the wall.

"The hardest battle for me as a warrior was to be with you. My Queen didn't forget me," Sinjong leaves a passionate kiss on her lips. The divine touch for what he craved for many centuries.

"Our past is history, tomorrow will be a mystery and today is a gift. This time I will leave everything on you whether you want to get rid of me or not," She breaks the kiss.

"I will be reborn again and again to die for you."

"Die with me this time, if you love me," The Goddess incarnate steps back and takes off her gorgeous robes leaving the white robe inside.

     **************************