Secret Planners

Myeon Hye enters the hall room of the Kim household's garden palace with so much fear in mind. Every month, the Andong Kim Clan arranges gatherings of political and important people working in royal administration from the Andong Kim clan. The gathering is more political than friendly. Not everyone in this clan can gather in this secret meeting of the garden palace.

Only the clan members who are doing different jobs at the emperor's palace are allowed here. This palace has only a few maids who have been working for the Kim family for decades. Most of the plans to maintain the glorious dignity of the Andong Kim clan were made here.

Entering into the hall room, Kim Myeon Hye takes her seat in one corner. Others have already started to arrive. Today's event is a bit different and confidential inside the Andong Kim clan controller family members of Kim household from North Gyeongsang province.

Able Consort Kim has settled up to hear a lot of criticism from her other family members.

The head of this secret meeting is the oldest family member Kim Myung Jae. He has worked as a royal administrator for so long. Still, he works as an advisor to the royal family sometimes.

The next one to conduct this meeting is his cousin Kim Hae Jin, who worked as chief royal court lady in the royal kitchen for a long time before the position was replaced by another family member of Kim named Kim Tae Hee. The royal kitchen is also controlled by the Kim family, as they believe food is the thing that can manipulate people without any evidence.

The first one to start the conversation is Myeon Hye's elder brother Kim Shin Seok, who is working in the royal administration now.

"The royal family's deal was that the Kim household would get the firstborn child as well as the crown prince. The way we were strictly maintaining it was quite impossible to break. But recently the low-rank Concubine has messed up our plans. We should talk to Queen Mother Gongwon."

"It started too messed up when we selected an ineligible candidate from the family to be the emperor's concubine. Do you think the whole palace knows this news now, the Queen Mother even met with that low rank? They only will console us to wait for next," says the Aunt of Kim Myeon Hye and Kim Shin Seok.

She wanted the marriage to happen between her daughter and the emperor. But the whole family chose Myeon Hye instead of her daughter. From then on, she always pinches others whenever she gets any opportunities.

Her opportunity has increased in several ways as Myeon Hye couldn't do what she was sent to the palace for. Myeon Hye conceived within 2 months of marriage, but before she could understand she miscarried the baby. After six months, again she conceived, but this time within a week the same thing happened.

Later the royal physician had diagnosed Myeon Hye to have a rare disease called antiphospholipid syndrome. Since then Myeon Hye has been taking treatment for it, she is preparing herself for it. But royalty doesn't stop for it, by this time the Emperor has brought two concubines. The matter of relief for the Kim family was the deal of the crown prince, but it seems like it's not gonna work.

"The concubine is a low rank. I don't think she or her family can provide sufficient support or security to save the firstborn child if that baby is born as crown prince. My wife went to meet the Queen Mother to know her opinion that evening. But the Queen Mother didn't utter anything regarding the fact. The meeting was just after she met with that low rank. I think the Queen Mother is supporting her first grandchild, otherwise, she would let us know her opinion. From now on we have to do things our way," Myung Jae says in an anxious voice.

"I can't believe what's going to happen if that concubine gives birth to a baby boy. Then that will be a crown prince? A crown prince from the Seo household? Does the Seo family know how to protect even a mere prince? Brother, it's better if we don't let it be born. I have a plan for it," Hae Jin, the former court lady of the royal kitchen, replies with an assuring voice.

"You are always so clever. That's my opinion too. What about others' opinions?" Myung Jae smiles at his cousin.

Everyone nods towards Myung Jae.

"But how?" Myeon Hye's mother asks sipping in her chamomile tea. She is so anxious about Myeon Hye's future in the palace now.

"It's nothing hard when you are the controller of the royal kitchen. Just need to add poison to Concubine Seo's food every day in small amounts. No need to hurry. We have to do it with a cold mind so that none can have a suspicion about us. Our aim needs to be fulfilled before the news gets announced to the general people. I think it will count for 2 weeks, even though I don't know when the announcement is, but it may be at the cherry blossom festival. That's the biggest event of the general public this month," Kim Tae Hee, the present head court lady of Royal Kitchen, replies. It's the combined plan of her and her aunt Hae Jin.

"What if the baby is a girl, then it's not any crown prince. It won't affect our line for the crown prince. It's harmless then..." Suddenly Myeon Hye talks, but she quiets as everyone looks at her with an annoying look. She thinks adding toxins is too much, she knows the pain of losing a baby. What if it's a girl baby, then it's not a problem.

"Are you someone who belongs to the Kim family. Here every step is important, Myeon Hye. You are telling us to wait until the baby gets born. What if it's a crown prince whom the Queen Mother herself will provide security. None of us know the future. A wise man says, 'Nip in the bud'. Remove the baby in the bud. Hae Jin and Tae Hee tell us what to do to fulfill the plan," Myeon Hye's mother scolds Myeon Hye and supports the cruel plan.

"Trust me, brother. It will be in a step ladder pattern. There will be so many parties involved in every single step. None will know who is behind the real plan. None will know anyone except the only one superior," Hae Jin smiles at Myeon Hye's mother's eagerness.

"Do you think the emperor will stay quiet when we do this?" Myeon Hye's aunt smiles bitterly.

"He will. Listen, that's why we are in the place to control the Kim household. This household doesn't do any wrong equations. The last step of this plan will be held by a maid who escaped a few days ago because of the Kim family. She doesn't know we were behind it. The Emperor will know it's done by the notorious rogues of Yongsan, who badly wants to take revenge on the Seo family," Hae Jin explains her plan.

********************