20 / pygalgia

i love the way you look at me
with fire in your eyes
i love the way you touch me
with lightening in your fingertips

song
the less i know the better
tame impala

——————
Bellamy
——————

Fires crackle from all around me—even though it was still light out. It was mid afternoon. I watch with crossed arms as a familiar blonde talks with Sterling, taking sips from her drink. At first, Charlie didn't want to drink at all, but slowly the younger boy she was talking with convinced her to have one. It bothered me, how close he was to her. Subtle touches on her arm, or brushing hair out of her face. Most men would have the decency to let a girl grieve over her dead boyfriend for over a month before making moves on her. Teenage boys had no thought process, and apparently teenage girls were oblivious. She didn't even acknowledge his touches.

I wondered where O was, but I shake the thoughts off. She was still ignoring me, so of course she wasn't going to join the party.

I don't drink. Just make sure Charlie doesn't do anything stupid. My eyes fly around the camp, watching as kids down moonshine and laugh. It felt good to see people relax. Charlie stumbles over to me, something in her hand.

Oh, this should be fun.

She looked giddy. Happy. Her steps were misplaced and she wasn't exactly walking in a straight line.

"Bellamy!" She giggles, using my arm for support. "You were right. This is fun."

Her words slur.

"How much have you had to drink, Badass?" I ask, giving her drunken state a once over.

She counts on her hand then confidently holds up three fingers.

"Four."

"Really? You sure about that?"

She was a total lightweight.

Charlie nods, looking at her other hand.

"Oh!" She hands me two apples, almost dropping one in the process. "I got you some apples."

I chuckle at her act, furrowing my eyebrows.

"...Thank you?"

She hiccups. "You're welcome."

"How drunk are you right now?" I ask.

"I'm completely sober." Charlie nods repeatedly. "Like, so sober."

"I bet."

I look back out into the crowd. Her eyes remain on me, and she breaks out into a fit of nervous giggles. I turn back to her.

"What?"

She just giggles, before reaching out and tapping my nose. "Pretty."

My eyebrows raise and I can't help but let a lopsided smile take over my face. She was totally wasted.

"What was that?" I inquire, tilting my head to the side.

"Pretty." She repeats, tapping my nose once more.

Something tugs in my chest.

"What makes you think that?" I murmur.

Call me cruel, or an ass, but this was my version of having fun. Besides, she probably wouldn't even remember this conversion later, so me messing with her is practically harmless.