37 / navy

***
how could you think, darlin'
i'd scare so easily
~francesca~
~hozier~
***

charlie kane

~~~

"We know nothing about these people on Mount Weather." Byrne says, hunched over a table along with Sinclair and Abby. "Their numbers, their capabilities. We need to proceed carefully."

"Okay, according to Clarke, the 47 still inside are not being harmed. At least not yet." Sinclair responds.

Our people, my friends had been taken to Mount Weather. Jasper, Monty, Miller. It was never the Grounders. It was them. People had been surviving in Mount Weather ever since the bombs.

Clarke explained it all very swiftly to us, spewing information about the leadership, the food, and how they imprison the Grounders.

"Now, I hate to leave them there, but if she's right, we have some time." Sinclair adds.

"Clarke also said they had hundreds of Grounders stuck in cages. They drain them of their blood when the Mountain Men are exposed to radiation and cycle it through their own bodies." I speak up, leaning off the back wall. "It heals them. And, just guessing here, but we were all born in space, meaning we've undergone an ungodly amount of solar radiation within our lifetimes. Perhaps even more than the Grounders. What happens when the Mountain Men put two and two together, if they haven't already?"

Abby looks up to me, not even considering my words. "I agreed to let you listen, Charlie. Not speak. You'll be a leader one day, but until then you'll observe. Your thoughts are not needed."

"I'm 18 now, Abby. And you're in need of council members," I nod to the only other two members in the room, a man and a woman standing near the door, a reference to the lack of leadership. "Why not appoint me? You are the Chancellor, after all."

She shakes her head. "If you're unable to stay quiet, you're welcome to join your friends in the hallway, Charlie."

I sigh, crossing my arms and leaning back against the wall. "Whatever. I'll be quiet."

While I found it hard to back off and let her win, I knew that I was more valuable to my friends in this room rather than on the outside.

"Okay," Abby nods, turning back to Sinclair. "So, we gather intel in Mount Weather, and we send a team after Kane. He needs to know the Grounders don't have those kids."

My head perks up at the mention of my father.

"What about Finn Collins and John Murphy?" Byrne asks.

Abby shakes her head.

~~~

We trickle out of the meeting room, me following after Abby towards the right, where Clarke was pacing and Bellamy was standing by the wall with crossed arms.

I make eye contact with the boy, swallowing and giving a slight shake of my head as I go to stand next to him.

Clarke steps up to Abby, nervous.

"What's going on? When are we going after Finn?"

Abby sighs, making swift eye contact with me over Clarke's shoulder. "We're not."

"What? No, you can't just cut them loose!" Clarke exclaims.

"Sweetheart, we don't have the manpower to send out two rescue missions and protect our camp."

Bellamy sighs in defeat, taking a step backward in disappointment.

"Mom, they're in trouble." Clarke says. "They're either gonna get killed or make things worse with the Grounders—who we need to get out people out of Mount Weather."