28 / kadota

if it's meant to be,
it will

song
why
shawn mendes

——————
Charlie
——————

A few minutes later, I tap my foot impatiently by the entrance of the dropship. My thoughts of Bellamy and Raven were quickly pushed aside as anxiety for Clarke and Finn embed itself in my mind.

Something was very wrong.

"Hey," Bellamy says, pulling me from a trance. "What's up, Princess?"

I glance up, flashes of him and Raven together stabbing my mind, apparently more fresh than I had assumed. "Hey."

I watch his face a moment longer, noting any emotion. None.

"Clarke and Finn still aren't back, Bellamy-" I start.

He sighs, cutting me off. "This is what you got me up for, Charlie? They're just screwing, you know that."

"Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that going around."

Bellamy scoffs. "Are you upset about Raven and I?"

"No." I lie, shifting my feet. "Why would I be?"

He doesn't have a response.

"Anyways, Clarke wouldn't do this, Bellamy. She just wouldn't. Something is wrong. Really wrong."

He fixates his eyes on me. "Okay. I'll go talk to Monty, and we'll get some people together."

I breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you."

☁︎︎ ☁︎︎ ☁︎︎

Clarke and Finn had gone out into to woods with another boy, meaning any suspicion Bellamy had against me was wrong.

Twenty minutes later, we were deep into the woods, mostly spilt apart. Bellamy, Monty and I were all on our own and Octavia and Raven were together, as there was only four radios at this time. We had spread out to cover more ground.

The air was still around me, warm from the hot day. The walk was comforting, being alone for once, especially at night.

The crackle of the radio interrupts my peace.

"I thought you said you were heading west, Bellamy. Where are you?" Monty's voice emits from the small box on my hip.

"Just keep the moon on your left and you'll find us." He responds.

I glance over my left shoulder, placing the moon just there.

"Charlie, you see anything?" Bellamy asks.

My eyes float down to the walkie as I make my way through the trees.

A few seconds pass.

"Kane, come in." His voice sounded slightly more urgent.

I click the button and hold the mic up to my mouth. "Nothing."

"Respond when I say something, Kane. Understand?"

"I'm a big girl, Bellamy. I can take care of myself."

A quivering signal rings out from the walkie.

"Stop arguing." Monty pops in. "You guys hear that signal?"