32 / scarlet

***
i don't care if you're insincere
just tell me what i want to hear
~all i need to hear~
~the 1975~
***

charlie

~~~

Somehow, both my dreams and nightmares became my reality.

I had made it to Earth. My dream.

Everyone I love has either died or suffered more than I could've ever imagined. My nightmare.

I somehow managed to get away from the dropship before Clarke burnt the Grounders to a crisp, with both Finn and Bellamy. My dream.

I somehow managed to lose both Bellamy and Finn along the way and had no idea whether or not they were dead. My nightmare.

I was currently being tracked and chased down by a Grounder who just won't give up and leave me alone. My nightmare.

I've basically been consistently running since midnight. It's mid morning now. I hate running. My nightmare.

I've been having a lot more nightmares lately, it seems.

Bellamy, Finn, and I were separated shortly after we left the dropship, as two Grounders had followed us. I spilt off, hoping both of them would have chased me. Instead, one of them followed after the boys and the other followed me, deep into the woods. 

My lungs were burning. I had to come up with a plan soon. I wasn't going to lose the Grounder behind me, I was going to have to kill her.

I killed two more Grounders last night while helping Bellamy and Finn, bringing my Grounder kill count up to five, and my human kill count up to seven, if I count me killing my mother during childbirth.

The Grounder was tracking me, waiting until I stopped to rest. When I did stop, she would pop out of no where attempting to kill me. It's happened a few times now.

She's much stronger and faster than me. I would have no chance of beating her using my strength and fighting expertise alone. I needed something else.

Luckily, I had happen to recognize my whereabouts.

Roma, John, and Diggs died here.

Specifically, though, I was currently staring at the trap that took Diggs life—the wooden spike the has propelled itself into his chest.

The Grounders had reset it, although there was a blood stain on the spike. I look around, knowing I didn't have much time before the Grounder showed up, ready to fight.

I find a tripwire around ankle level that was connected to the trap and form my plan.

It only takes a few minutes for the Grounder to pop up from behind a tree, only thirty feet away from me. She just stands there, watching me. Fucking creepy. I pretend that I'm panting, exhausted with my back leaned up on a tree.

I mean, I was exhausted, but that's besides the point.

"Can't we just call this a truce?" I call out to her. "Come on, you must have better things to do that chase me around all day, right?"

I start backing away slowly, and that's when she starts walking towards me, head tilted to the side. She had a mask on that covered everything but her eyes with a smile drawn from blood, probably from one of my peers.

Slowly, she starts getting faster. And faster.

"I mean, we can totally just work something out, no need for you to go all murdery on me." I say, still backing up and carefully stepping over a particular wire.