29 / thantophobia

caught between a strong mind
and a fragile heart

song
ivy
taylor swift

——————
Charlie
——————

"Give me the walkie, Jasper."

Venom filled John's voice, shocking cold down my spine.

Jasper nods, grabbing the walkie slowly and raising it up while holding his other hand out defensively.

Then, he speaks hurriedly into the speaker. "Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles."

Immediately, John smacks the butt of his gun into Jasper's head, forcing the young boy into unconsciousness.

I lunge for my sword, but a barrel of a gun is pressed into the side of my head, digging itself into my hair.

"No." John says.

I stand, eyes darting from Jasper unconscious form, my sword, John, and the entrance of the dropship.

"Murphy, what the hell are you doing?"

John grabs a rope as Bellamy speaks from the walkie, moving towards the entrance and pulling the lever, the dropship door closing with screeches and creaks.

Outside, I could hear Bellamy yell his name, but that's soon muffled by the mechanical click of the door setting into place.

"You try to be a hero, Jasper dies! Along with your little princess!" John stalks over to me, holding the thin rope in one hand and gun in the other. "Hands out."

Although the rope seemed frail, I knew it was going to be near impossible to rip. He ties my hands together tightly, almost like handcuffs, with a few inches of rope between my wrists, allowing me slight movement. He then ties the handcuffs to a pipe, allowing me just enough room to turn and face the entrance to the dropship. I plan, that if I had the chance to get out, all I would need to cut was the rope between my two hands, as this would release every knot.

***

"What's your plan here, Johnny? Hm?" I ask.

He had tied Jasper's hands a few minutes ago, who had just come to consciousness and was now kneeled next to me.

I sit on the back of my heels, watching as Murphy paces the room, gun gripped tightly across his body.

"Shut up."

"I have a plan, you know."

"I don't care."

"Come on, Johnny. Jasper didn't do anything to you. You can let him go. He's not apart of this."

He scoffs.

"I am, though," I say, tilting my head. "I let them hang you, and I knew you were innocent."

Jasper's eyes were filled with tears and focused on me. I tried not to look at him.

"If you let Jasper go," I continue. "I won't fight, I won't resist. You can do whatever you want to me."

From outside the dropship, Octavia's voice is muffled, but loud.

"Murphy, if you even touch them, I swear to God you're dead!"

I could only prey Bellamy had a plan.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me." Speak of the devil. Bellamy's voice was low over the walkie. He hadn't spoke up until now. "All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack. I can't let that happen."