39 / ecru

***
that secret that we know
that we don't know how to tell
~blood bank~
~bon iver~
***

bellamy blake

***

"Okay, tell us again." I say, leaning back in my chair.

Two days had passed since the incident with Finn happened. Charlie, Clarke, and I were currently sitting at a small table outside, in the new "cafeteria". There were a dozen other tables like this one.

It was night, and there was alcohol, which meant that it was slightly crowded, people filtering in and out. String lanterns above were the only thing providing us light.

"It's a labyrinth." Clarke responds. "We got to the dam through this tunnel. It's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in."

She was using a pen to point to a sheet of paper lain on the table, a drawing of the Mt. Weather dam and mine system.

"Sure," Charlie says. "If we can get past the Reapers and the Mountain Men."

I glance at her, then back to Clarke. "I swear to God, if your mom doesn't sanction a mission soon, I'm going by myself."

"You won't be by yourself." Clarke responds.

Charlie nods in agreement, picking up her drink to take a sip.

Clarke's eyes float from us to behind me. They become filled with emotion, her eyebrows knitting together. I turn back, curious. Finn and John had just stepped out of one of the few entrances into the inside of the Ark.

"I guess the inquisition's over." I comment, looking back to Clarke. "How's Finn doing anyway?"

"I haven't talked to him since we got back. I don't know what to say." Clarke pauses. "He just kept shooting."

"We're at war, Clarke." Charlie's tone was meant to be reassuring to her friend, but I knew her better. "We've all done things."

Finn suddenly steps up behind us, looking from Clarke to Charlie and me. "Hey."

I pause a moment longer as I realize he hadn't sat down yet—he wanted to talk to Clarke alone.

I start to stand. "Next rounds on me."

Charlie starts up as well. "I'll help you."

We make our way over to the bar counter, taking seats and uneasily glancing back at Clarke and Finn, who seemed to be in an awkward conversation.

"They're gonna retaliate, you know." Charlie pips up, voice quiet so only I could hear. "Lincoln taught me a phrase, a saying they have."

The barkeep steps up to us, setting two cups in front of us—alcohol didn't come in many different shapes or sizes down here. We both thank him.

I lift the cup up to my lips, taking a small sip of the burning liquid. "What is it?"

"Jus drein jus daun." She pauses. "Blood must have blood."

The blonde sighs. "They won't take this lightly Bellamy. Who would?"

"What do we do, then?" I question, already knowing the answer.

"We can't stop this." Charlie takes a long sip. "Just... be ready. For anything to happen."

***

"Hey," Raven says, taking a seat on the stool next to Charlie and I. "Time to call it a night. We leave in four hours."