Thanksgiving

"All right, do you realize, standing before you are legends?"

Finn was being dramatic, obviously, presenting to the glee club all of the graduates that had come home from wherever they were for Thanksgiving, but Winnie couldn't help but clap and cheer along, happy to see so many of her old friends back.

"Any single one of these guys could be President of the United States one day." Finn said, to which Winnie frowned.

"I don't know about that." Artie mumbled, but Finn chose to ignore him, clearly pumped about having everyone there.

"And lucky for us, they've agreed to help us..."

"Hang with the new chumps and see if some of our sheer awesomeness doesn't rub off on you." Puck interrupted his best friend as Mike just smiled.

"It will."

"When you hear your name, pair up." Finn said. "Puck, you're with your brother. Mike, you're with Ryder. Marley, you're with Santana. Kitty, you're with Quinn. Wade, Mercedes."

"I knew it." Brittany whispered from her place beside Winnie as all of the new kids started to make their way to their assigned mentors. "Mercedes was cloned."

"Now, your mentors are here to help you with whatever you need." Finn continued. "Singing, dancing..."

"Birth control." Quinn joked, causing Kitty to giggle a little too much.

"You're so funny and self-deprecating!" She said. "We're so much alike!"

"Wanky." Santana smirked.

"The worst mistake that we can make is to underestimate our competition." Finn said. "The Warblers are ruthless this year."

"Don't forget about the Rosedale Mennonites." Artie piped up. "Any show choir that can raise a barn in five minutes deserves mad respect."

"Winnie and Sam will handle our duet..."

"Wait, what?" Winnie interrupted the older boy, who sighed as he looked over at her.

"Look, you and Sam work well together, we all know that and considering that is going to be the first competition for most of us I just thought it would be a good idea."

"Sam and I?" Winnie rolled her eyes. "Can't I sing with Blaine?"

"Gee, thanks..." Sam sighed, causing Winnie to kick the back of his chair gently and smirk at him when he turned around to face her with a scowl.

"Fine." She said, ignoring the way Sam beamed at her words. "But we're not doing some lame love song, or I swear to God..."

"You can pick your song." Finn waved her off quickly. "And for the showstopper we're doing Gangnam Style."

"Okay, lumps, let me just say out loud what everyone here is thinking..." Santana spoke up. "You finally got an okay haircut, you're not doing that annoying half smirk as much as you used to, but you're still an idiot. No one in this room can tackle a massive dance number except for Britt and Winnie. That includes your little Hand-Jive that, to me, looked more like a hand..."

"Is there any way Mr. Schue can come back for this?" Joe asked, raising his hand, quietly from the back of the room.

"Listen to me, we have never lost Sectionals before, and there's no way we're gonna do it under my watch." Finn said, and, for the first time ever, he seemed actually confident in himself. "We can and we will succeed! We need an ambitious number with a strong dance element. That's the Warbler's calling card, and we need to blow them out of the water. And Mike said he could easily show one of our guys how to do the dance number."