Love, love, love

"I don't think we've ever spent two weeks on an assignment, Mr. Schue." Tina said, as Mr. Schue smiled, clearly excited as he turned to look at the kids.

"Hey, the Beatles are so epic that we need two weeks to do them justice." Mr. Schue said and, for the first time in a while, Winnie actually agreed with him. "This week is all about the early years of the Beatles, when all they had was a belief in each other and a belief that together they could do anything."

"The school year seems like it's never ending, and now we're wasting two whole weeks on a band from the 1940s?" Kitty asked, clearly not on board with this Beatles lesson. "Seriously, can anyone still relate to the Beatles?"

"Pretty much the entire world." Jake said.

"Yeah, I can definitely still relate." Ryder nodded.

"Why?" Kitty scoffed. "Were the Beatles dyslexic and cat-fished by transsexuals?"

"And you wonder why everybody hates you." Tina said.

"When George Harrison was a kid, he was made fun of 'cause his dad was the bus driver." Marley said.

"John Lennon's dad wasn't even around." Jake added. "He walked out of John's life when he was five."

"I don't really know the Beatles..." Unique admitted, quietly. "I'm a little on the black side."

"And Ringo Starr was a sickly little kid, which probably means he was sitting down a lot." Artie said.

"And they decided to form a band. Which changed the world." Mr. Schue nodded. "Now, you guys are really gonna have to challenge yourselves this week. Bring your a-plus games. Perform these classic songs in new and exciting ways. If we can push ourselves to a whole new level, like the Beatles did constantly, we can win back-to-back National championships and form a New Directions dynasty."

***

"I swear to God, if you try to win me one of those cheesy stuffed animals, Sam Evans..."

"Oh, come on..." Sam pouted playfully, tugging Winnie by the hand to bring her away from the little roller-coasters and toward the little game stands in the fair that all of the New Directions had decided to go to. "Just one."

"No." Winnie rolled her eyes, even if she couldn't really hide her little smile at Sam's insistence in staying by her the whole night.

"Please?"

"No."

"Come on." Sam insisted. "If you let me win you a little prize, I'll go with you in one of those roller-coasters you like so much."

"You hate roller-coasters." Winnie said.

"But I like you." Sam argued. "So, if you want to go, I'll go with you."

"But for that, I need to let you win me one of those stuffed animals?"

"That's the deal."

"What if you can't?"

"What do you mean?" Sam scoffed, pretending to be offended causing Winnie to giggle. "Of course I'll win. I have pretty good aim."

"Well, doesn't mean much." Winnie shrugged. "Those games are rigged anyway."

"They're not rigged." Sam shook his head.

"Yes, they are." Winnie frowned. "I never win anything at it."

"And just because you don't win, it means it's rigged?"

"That's... That's not what I meant." Winnie mumbled, finally realizing how that must have sounded and crossing her arms over her chest when she noticed Sam's smirk growing when an opportunity for him to make fun of her appeared. "I just mean... I've tried those a hundred times before, trying to win my sisters a unicorn or pink bear or something, but it never worked on my favor."