Tina in the sky with diamonds

"So how does it work with gay marriage?" Sam asked, as he laid down across the piano with Blaine sitting by it, nearby. "You take his last name or does he take yours, or...?"

"Right now, I'm honestly just excited that Kurt said yes." Blaine admitted. "Hey, are you looking forward to prom? I fell asleep last night while Tina was texting me about her prom dress. It's really nice that you're going with her, by the way."

"Yeah, I guess so." Sam shrugged a little. "I don't know, I just... You know, it's my senior prom, so I kind of wish I was going with somebody I really care about."

"Somebody like Winnie?" Blaine asked, the two of them taking a second to look across the room as she talked with Marley. "Why didn't you ask her? I mean, you two are in one of your good phases, aren't you?"

"I was going to." Sam admitted. "But then you had your idea to help Tina and then she chose me and I couldn't really tell her no, could I?"

"Oh, well, I'm sorry, man." Blaine mumbled. "But I'm sure you'll be able to at least get a dance in with her, right?"

"I guess so." Sam shrugged. "Damn, I have seriously been unlucky in love."

"Come on, guys, we're back with the Beatles!" Mr. Schue said, as he walked into the room, making all the kids move around to take their seats. "We're leaving the mop-tops behind and moving into their experimental years. Now, the Rubber Soul album marked a turning point for the group, where they literally and figuratively let their hair down. Now, the Beatles were the biggest musical act in the world. They could have remained in their comfort zones, but instead, they risked everything to explore new musical worlds. They had something important to say, and they weren't going to let something as silly as the fear of failure get in their way."

"Good afternoon, McKinley High." Coach Sue's - well, now Principal Sylvester, apparently - voice sounded through the speaker, causing Mr. Schue to interrupt his class so they could all listen to what the Principal had to say this time. "This year, the proms are being fused into one giant Brundleprom."

"What's a Brundleprom?" Marley frowned, confused.

"I don't get that reference." Jake said.

"That's from The Fly." Ryder said.

"And now for the moment that will crush 99% of your misguided views about your own popularity." Principal Sylvester continued. "Here are your nominees for Prom King and Queen. First, here are your nominees for Prom King: Blaine Anderson, Mohamed Omar, Artie Abrams, Stoner Brett Bukowski."

"Wait, I-I really didn't get nominated for king?" Sam asked, almost offended, causing Winnie to reach over to him and tap him gently on the shoulder.

"And now onto the Queen." Principal Sylvester said. "Winnie Archer... Aimee Ryan, Jordan Stern. And, inexplicably, Tina Cohen-Chang."

"Yes! Yes!" Tina cheered, standing up from her seat all excited as everyone clapped for all of their glee club nominees. "Yes! Yes! Oh, my God, yes!

"Tina. Wow!" Sam smiled, all excited. "Even though I'm not nominated, it's such an honor to be going to prom with a potential queen."

"Oh..." Tina gasped, causing Winnie to frown at her reaction. "Sorry, Sam. It was so nice of you to offer to go with me, but I'm going to have to decline your invitation."

"What?" Winnie asked, almost offended for Sam. "But you already accepted."

"Yeah, Tina, this is very uncool." Blaine nodded.

"Losing is uncool." Tina argued, causing Winnie to roll her eyes. "I need to maximize my odds of taking the crown, so I think I'm going to go with a group of single gals to corner the dejected wallflower vote. And I am going for it. This is my chance to be bigger than Jesus. So can I count on all your votes?"