Wonder-ful

"All right, guys, I just got some wonderful news from Rachel." Mr. Schue announced, as soon as he walked into the choir room that afternoon. "She's got a second callback for Funny Girl. And that's not our only good news. Brittany is at M.I.T. touring the campus because she's got an early acceptance."

"That can't be true." Kitty mumbled, still in disbelief of Brittany's genius while everyone else clapped and cheered. "And I re-proposed to Emma. She reaccepted, and we're getting married after Regionals."

"I've got good news, too." Tina announced, rather proud of herself. "I'm wait-listed at the Columbus College of Veterinary Medicine. It's a fallback if I don't pursue acting."

"Bless her heart." Unique mumbled, as Winnie smiled a little at her friend, trying to hide her own hurt at not having received any news from her own college applications. Any of them.

"Tina, that's not just good news." Mr. Schue smiled. "It's wonderful, and that's what this week is all about. We're taking a lesson from one of the greatest musical artists of all time. Despite facing a ton of obstacles, he's a living example of embracing... No, celebrating... Joy and optimism, and he's collected 25 Grammys along the way. So don't you worry 'bout a thing because whether you're ebony or ivory, you are the sunshine of my life. Yes. And next week at Regionals we will be jammin' on higher ground. Yeah, it's a Stevie Wonder week."

***

"I can't believe you're here!"

At the sound of her voice, Mike smiled, spinning around just in time to catch Winnie as she ran across the hall toward him and threw herself in his arms. Huffing in surprise, Mike quickly wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her in a tight hug, not really caring for all the looks the two of them were receiving from younger kids who didn't really know who he was.

"I didn't even know I was gonna come!" Mike told her with a smile, after putting her back down on the floor. "Mercedes just called me, saying she was coming with Kurt and she asked me if I'd come too, so here I am."

"That's great!" Winnie smiled back at him. "I'm sorry for Kurt, of course, but I'm glad you're here."

"I'm happy to be here."

"So... How's Joffrey?" Winnie asked, all excited with her eyes wide as she looked up at Mike. "Already dazzling everyone with your Chang-Chang-dance-revolution, or whatever?"

"I mean, the school is great and I actually made a few friends." Mike shrugged as if it was nothing, even though he couldn't really stop a smile from forming on his face. "I do have a professor who doesn't seem to like me much, though, but... Oh, you really need to go visit me some time, you know? I found this pizza place near the school that I'm sure you're gonna like, and since you'll be going to Harvard next fall, I think we should really..."

"I'm not... I'm not going to Harvard." Winnie interrupted Mike, her voice sounding sad and small, causing Mike's attention to peak as he frowned a little and looked over at his best friend.

"Oh, did you choose to go to Yale instead?"

"I... I didn't choose anything." Winnie sighed. "Actually, neither of them chose me either, I guess."

"What do you mean?" Mike frowned, confused. "There's no way either of those rejected you. You're the smartest person I know."

"Apparently not for Harvard. Or Yale."

"That can't be true." Mike shook his head in disbelief. "No way they didn't accept your application."

"It's not that they didn't, actually." Winnie admitted. "It's just... I haven't heard from them at all, so I'm just assuming..."