Sadie Hawkins

Since the glee club had lost Sectionals and had no competitions this year anymore, Principal Figgins had decided to rent the space of the choir room which meant the kids had no place to practice anymore which then meant that they had to find empty classrooms to practice in everyday. Today, it seemed like Finn had managed to book for them the Astronomy class.

"I want to sit under Venus." Sugar said, marveling at the fake planets hanging from the ceiling.

"I want to sit under Uranus." Sam said, causing everyone to laugh as they all moved to take their seats. "What's so funny?"

"So this week in Glee Club, it's ladies' choice, inspired by the Sadie Hawkins Dance." Finn said, starting the class while everyone still tried to hold in their laughter.

"Which I thought of." Tina interjected, all proud of herself. "It was my idea."

"Yes, thank you, Tina." Finn said. "And every girl will sing to whoever they want to take to the dance."

"Well, I, for one, love this lesson." Kitty smirked, her eyes travelling over to Jake while Marley practically whined from her place beside Winnie. "I've got a song I want to sing to somebody."

Rolling her eyes at the very unnecessary jab Kitty had just thrown at Marley, Winnie almost missed the way Sam leaned over to her, calling her name quietly and smiling a little when she turned to look at him.

"Do you have a song you're planning on singing to anyone?" He asked, rather suggestively.

"Who said I'm planning on singing at all?" Winnie retorted, as Sam frowned.

"You have to." He insisted. "You have to invite someone."

"First of all, I don't have to do anything." Winnie rolled her eyes, pushing Sam's face away from her with a finger to his forehead. "And second of all, even if I did want to sing, I wouldn't be telling you."

***

"All right, so Tina is ready to present her solo and make her choice." Finn announced the next day as the glee kids sat together in the locker rooms with Tina standing beside him. "Gentlemen, prepare yourselves for Tina Cohen-Chang."

"Whoo! Whoo!" They all cheered and clapped as Finn moved to go take a seat by the students.

"Thank you, Finn." Tina smiled. "For my song, I'll be performing I Don't Know How to Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar. It's about the pain of unrequited love and..."

"Yeah, okay, just wrap it up." Finn interrupted the very long and very emotional speech that they all knew would be coming from Tina. "Beiste needs the locker room at 4:30."

"Sorry." Tina mumbled, before turning to the band. "Hit it."

"Who do you think she's asking?" Sam asked, as he leaned forward, close to where Winnie and Artie were sitting, as soon as the first few notes of the song started.

"I... I don't know, actually." Winnie admitted with a slight frown.

"The only obvious choice in the room." Artie shrugged with a confident smile. "A charming debonair figure from her past. A forbidden love she let slip through her fingers."

"Forbidden?" Winnie scoffed with a laugh. "Who forbade you from dating Tina? Your mom?"

Artie rolled his eyes then, but chose to ignore Winnie as he turned to watch Tina instead. As the girl sang, it became clearer and clearer who the song she was singing was actually meant for and, as much as Winnie didn't want to believe it, the more Tina started to walk toward Blaine as she sang, the more Winnie knew her suspicions had been right.