Reminiscin'

Friday. 4:30 PM.

"Kid! Where's my laptop?!" Eda frantically rummages throughout every closet and drawer her apartment has, and unfortunately, a specific teenager should know damn well how important that device is to her. It included all of her students' report cards for the end of the semester and God knows that if she lost it, she'll have to deal with an army of parent's complaints and deal with the horrible possibility of getting fired from the job.

"Luz! Come on...come onnnn, where the heck are you?" the worried tone in her voice was clear. Eda quickly ran out of her room and made a mental note to herself to clean up the mess she made after she finds wherever the heck this teenager is.

What happened was simple. Earlier this morning, Luz asked her if she could stay for a few hours because she desperately needed to borrow Eda's laptop for an upcoming project. And as the coolest second mother-figure that she is, of course, she lets the young teen do her thing. The next thing Eda knows is that after she woke up, Luz is nowhere to be found and now she currently feels like she's a madwoman going through something dreadful that will implode at any second now.

After a few moments though, suddenly, the door swung open revealing the young brunette carrying Eda's laptop bag on her back along with her arm clutching a brown rectangular package. A wave of relief had washed over the ginger-haired adult and placed a hand on her chest to calm the loud beating sound of her heart.

"Kid! You almost gave me a heart attack here! Oh Dear Lord..." she stated while panting and taking a few deep breaths for making her experience such a nightmare in under an hour.

"Oh! Right. Eda, I am so so sorry. I should've asked permission to go out but you were having a nice sleep though. I didn't wanna disturb your afternoon nap."

"Aw, how considerate." with a sigh and a lazy smile, she approached Luz and placed her hand to ruffle her messy yet soft long brown hair, letting her fingers relax at the sensation.

"But don't ever do that again!" Eda then captured the girl in a playful headlock, making Luz struggle to escape.

"Edaaa!"

"Kid, you're already fourteen and you have strong nerd arms. Fight back, will you?!" the woman teased, challenging the girl to try her best to escape her grasp while messing with her hair.

"Ahahaha, noooo I can't. Eda, you can let me go now." Eda chuckled at the response she received and shook her head, giving in to Luz's request.

A proud sigh escaped her lips as she placed both palms on top of the kid's shoulders. "Ah, look at you, kid. I still can't get over the fact that you're getting taller these days. What have you been eating these past few months? It's incredible!"

"Aw, come on, Eda. You're saying that as if you aren't this tall yourself!" Luz furrowed her eyebrows and bantered back, walking right past Eda to place the package on top of the countertop table.

The adult hummed a curious noise and lets her eyes follow to observe whatever the teen was holding ever since she arrived. And as curious as ever, Eda couldn't help but ask the question.

"Anyways, what did you do outside?" Eda approaches beside her, while also flicking the side of her forehead gently to catch her attention. "And also...why in the heck did you bring my laptop with you? You could've just left it here."

"Well you see...". the girl enthusiastically turned around with a proud smile while holding the backpack on her as tight as possible.

"I am going to keep your laptop all for myself."