Uncertainty.

A week after that special night of passionate kisses and loving words,

Eda remained and still avoided Raine in any way she can by forming up excuses upon applying for a job to make herself seem busy. Which she is but, her neglection towards her own partner was unbearable to stand at. Thoughts and reasons argued inside of their head, also making up excuses that their girlfriend isn't ignoring them just for the sake of hiding something.

Raine's still important to her, right?

Of course, they are.

She's just busy.

She's just finding the right job to make it up for you.

It's no big deal...

Calm down, Raine.

She loves you.

Raine was always known for overthinking, which was absolutely a normal thing and a fitting trait of theirs. An abundance of thoughts would always scatter around every time they perform on the stage. Their nerves would always shake as callused fingers would hyperventilate at the sight of an audience in front, ones who're judging and ones who'd just watch to keenly observe how accurate their fingers play on the strings.

But the difference with that from now is, they've been overthinking this for a week. And it was the longest record that they've ever gotten so far in comparison to two hours. Their index trailed down along the circular edge of the coffee mug, cheek resting by their warm palm while tired eyes were closed as the familiar aroma of the hot caffeine from beside them went through their nostrils.

Eda went out early. So early that they didn't even see her beside them in bed to even greet each other a simple good morning. Sorrow washed over their heart but Raine forced themself to understand and remind them that they just needed to fully trust whatever their lover's decisions are no matter what. Why would the lack of her presence bother Raine when their girlfriend would always come back home in their arms after she's finished with her job? Or in this case...finding one to apply for?

They'd get to spend every moment with her more than anyone else would anyways. And besides...Raine manages to earn a few cash by visiting a few kids in their homes to teach them how to play a few instruments and help Eda in any way they can. They just wanted her to be happy with all of her decisions. Feelings of doubt kept worrying Raine every time they try to distract themself from it.

They craved reassurance. Raine wanted Eda to tell her once again that she'll tell them soon about whatever she's hiding in regards to that fight with her sister. Because no matter how many times they tried not to think that it was they themself weren't the problem of the current rift between Eda and Lilith, the guilt would just always get the best of them.

It was better to trust Eda and wait until she's ready.

Raine's fingers wrapped around the sturdy handle of the mug and sipped the hot substance carefully. Warm, hot, coffee felt on their tongue, tapping repeatedly by the palate to savor the taste.

Today's another busy day.

———————————————

Two months and a half have passed.

2:46 AM

"Eda...", Raine rubbed their hands down to their face, removing their glasses briefly to et their finger rub their eyes to fix their blurry vision and look at their girlfriend clearly. Eda's back slouched against the chair, not even bothering to look at her partner with a bottle on her grasp that she took a sip from.