Ignorance is Bliss

6:30 AM

It was a silent car ride.

Green eyes looked beside the window to see how fast they pass by every surrounding they could try to make up with their hazy mind. Eyebags were noticeably gray, indicating the lack of rest they've been getting. Fingers tapped gently against the door panel, remaining thoughtless for the past two days after that incident.

Raine Whispers hadn't slept properly at all. And deciding to go to work so early in the morning was already a terrible idea. Darius' hand brushed lightly against one of the loose strands of his purple hair bun, settling it back to control the steering wheel of his car. A mischievous smile formed on Darius' lips as he clears his throat, about to say something too crucial to mention that it might immediately break Raine's composure.

But who cares? He was always a cocky man.

"You know, the last time I saw you this miserable was two years ago, Raine."

"Haha.", they laughed bluntly, not even bothering to tilt their head to the side and have the energy to acknowledge it much to their friend's delight.

"Very funny.", Raine adjusted themself on their seat, crossing their arms to focus on the world outside of the running vehicle.

The cool air hits the skin of their forearm. But the fabric of their brown, flap pocket long-sleeved shirt was tucked in until it reached both of their elbows, saving Raine from the chilly atmosphere.

They always get cold very easily and a simple embrace would sometimes be required for the sake of their well-being. But of course, they were already used to the lack of her warmth for the past two years.

"But I got to say. This is an improvement. It wasn't like the last time where you had an abundance of tissues on the ground like it was a flower petal path. You were out of your mind back then. You were crying nonstop while you were baking muffins.", a chuckle escaped from Darius' lips, briefly placing a fist against his mouth to stop himself from laughing from their past misery.

Raine cringed from the mention, nose scrunching in embarrassment when the things that their past self had done suddenly flashed right before their eyes.

"It was...a pathetic time. I was a mess. You're saying this as if you didn't mess up in your own relationships yourself.", Raine bluntly stated, crossing their arms over their chest from such a memory.

Is this man really going to keep calling them out that will keep reminding Raine about that...calamitous incident that happened with their ex a few days ago..? The musician wished their mind wasn't craving for someone who they just suddenly pulled a 180 on for realizing how much of their stupid feelings are still there. And for how much these so-called stupid feelings just suddenly started to bloom more and more without Raine realizing.

Were they really that dense?

Or did they just let themself be like that around her after all this time?

Raine didn't want to question it because whatever new bond they formed with their ex is over now.

It was hard to trust again, no matter how a major side of them still wants to reach out. But their realizations during that evening were for the best anyways. For it stopped them from making any more things much more complex than it already was.

"Hey.", he slanted his eyebrows to look at them, clearly offended with the obvious implication, "There's a difference between a divorce and a breakup, Whispers. And don't involve how my relationship failed to make us sound like we did the same thing. We had different circumstances with our previous partners, airhead."