The Road to a Thousand Tomorrows.

"I fell in love with a world through her eyes."
-Atticus

"I just need you and some sunsets."
-Atticus

"You are my today, and all of my tomorrows."
-Leo Christopher

"Close your eyes and picture the sun. That's what it felt like to love her; Warmth."
-Atticus

"She was powerful, not because she wasn't scared, but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear."
-Atticus

———————————————

All of them accompanied her along the hallway, strolling slowly to spend the most of it from the remaining time they all have with her. The bouquet was still around her arm, keeping it close to at least relieve the woman's senses as they all reached the front doors of the operating room. The two nurses stopped walking, now standing by the side to let her relatives and friends just say a few more final words before letting her in.

It was time...

Lilith, Gwendolyn, and Raine stepped forward near her, followed by the other three adults from behind along with the teenagers.

Eda smiled tenderly, leaving a bitter-sweet feeling of relief for how optimistic the woman still is right before them.

"Hey, sis.", Lilith started, inhaling deep to keep her composure, "D-Don't be ner-", she had to pause, covering her whole mouth with her palm to stop herself from whimpering like a child who didn't get a star from the teacher. The lack of tissues Lilith needed right now made it harder to just let it out, hence, making her just gulp the painful lump in her throat.

"Are you crying?", Eda smiled mischievously, raising her eyebrows in amusement. The younger Clawthorne's eyes were also brimming with tears too but in comparison to her older sister, it was clear that she can manage her emotions very well than her.

"Shut up. I hate you...", Lilith sniffed hard, now gaining the courage to look at her sister's eyes, "Don't be nervous, okay..? The surgery won't hurt and you won't feel a thing. They'll give you general anesthetics to put you into sleep s-so don't...sleep for too long o-okay? You better open your eyes after everything's done or I-I'll...I will!-"

"Alright alright, c'mere now you big baby. Give me a hug.", Eda pulled her sister's arm towards her to wrap around her back, rubbing it up and down to soothe and make her feel relaxed. The dark-teal-haired woman wasn't able to hold her tears in and just let it all stream down to her cheeks endlessly as it stained the shoulder of Eda's hospital gown.

The orange-haired woman snorts and wipes a laughing tear out from the corner of her eye, "Jeez, Lily. I haven't seen you cry this hard. You really are a baby inside a woman's body."

Eventually, Lilith had to release from the embrace and fix her messy hair and expression on her face from all of the sobbing much to her dislike, showing a vulnerable side of her in contrast to her profession.

"Good luck, okay..?", with too much emotionality pooling around Lilith's chest, she couldn't help but innocently place a peck on her forehead.

"Thank you, sis.", Eda nods, taking each word by heart as a silent promise to fulfill today. Next comes Gwendolyn who also repeated the same gesture, hugging her daughter gently with her muscular arms with full love and appreciation.

"Edalyn, dearest...you're friends were really thoughtful. They offered to pay for your surgery's expenses for free. Everyone here cares for you a lot and even these young kids even thought of coming here just to provide you the company you need." Gwendolyn smiled, her lenses starting to slightly become foggy from the moist of her tears as well.