Time.

"Time isn't the main thing. It's the only thing."
- Miles Davis

"Time: The healer and the killer."
- David Jones

"There is no 'right time'. There is just time, and what you choose to do with it."
- Michael Bliss

"Time is all we have and don't."
- Atticus Poetry

———————————————

Four days left.

Their first night together was already memorable. Pure awkwardness. With raw feelings. Feelings that played with all of their emotions like a toy. It was an unusual combination. But did Raine and Eda mind? They tried not to. But it's almost impossible to even do that. Because after everything that has happened, there's almost no other thing that would bother them both beside each other's presence right now.

Nervousness. Relief. Happiness.

Love.

All four of these were like caged inside the corners of their minds, their noses inhaling and exhaling for oxygen to keep on breathing and avoid feeling tense.

An unknown crawly feeling from their backs sent shivers on their skin, and lastly, silence. Utter silence along with a few sounds of shuffles as her ex-lover starts to ease and smoothen the fabric of their bed with their bare palms and knees against the mattress for support.

This is going to be one hell of a night.

Raine has been treating Eda well. They always ask her if she's okay, they never left her sight just in case the unpredictable happens, and well...because of that she isn't even falling harder anymore. She had already hit the hard ground for being taken care of like this. For being taken care of by them in their own place...

Is everything even real..?

"Are you sure it's okay for me to sleep here?"

Her bare feet tapped against the cold tiled floor while hugging her own chest to save herself from the cold of it all. Eda wondered why she suddenly felt tense from the temperature of the room considering she'd already spent like what? 48 hours inside the hospital?

The woman wondered why Raine's room felt much colder where her jaw was clenching hard to avoid herself from jittering her teeth.

Or maybe she was just this repulsed by the fact that she's currently in the same room as them.

Who also requested for her to sleep in the same bed as them. On Raine's bed. Their bed. Both of them. With undeniable feelings of romance present in between that they're both aware of. It only took moments for the cold to suddenly vanish away when absurd thoughts flushed the woman's face, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks in just under a second.

"Y-Y'know...I can just sleep on the couch. I don't want to be much of a bother-"

"No, Eda...", Raine reassures her, avoiding their gaze to their ex-lover whose eyes are watching them fixing the pillows and blankets properly that made them feel much more self-conscious. Too self-conscious.

"It's fine. You need to rest somewhere much more comfortable and the bed is the best choice for you, trust me.", Raine didn't want to look at her, fearing that they might make the tension in between them much worse. Their flushed cheeks were already a bad sign to start off. The crimson color on their whole face would only worsen if they take in a little glimpse of the most beautiful woman inside their room.

God, they miss her so much it makes them look stupid.

"And besides...I did promise to your mom and sister that I'll make sure to take great care of you, Eda."