Paths discovered, hearts broken.

A week after.

"What's her name again? Luz was it? You seem to mention her a lot every time we talk about your work.", Raine questioned curiously, fiddling with their thumbs while hugging their right leg closer to their chest.

After lots of late evenings texting each other of catching up about things for the last two years, it suddenly became a routine of them both for Raine to come pick Eda up from O.W.L High and then settle themselves on the usual sturdy bench by the river.

This has been going on for almost seven days now. But neither didn't even bother to question why this was the case because they both enjoyed each other's company respectively. To the point where they don't want to miss every opportunity to see each other. And for friends, they didn't want to waste any time bonding.

"Oh yeah. That's my kid.", a sigh escaped from the woman's lips, resting her long arms along the bench's rail while clicking the palate in her mouth with her tongue.

"Where do I even start with her? Sheesh."

"Your...kid..?", sudden overwhelming emotions took over at the moment, almost making them sound jealou- astonished at the possibility of their ex having a daughter. She noticed this and snorted loudly, following with a few sets of contagious laughter that filled up the air.

"Not biologically.", a tear escaped from the corner of Eda's eye, letting a knuckle wipe it out from her eyelid, "That's just my way of referring to her. She's...kind of a favorite student."

"I-I see...", the musician stuttered while smiling to themself through the pain of assuming something that's so sudden.

God that was embarrassing...

Raine rests their forehead against their knee to groan and mutter an apology, "I'm sorry."

A soft punch on their shoulder interrupted their self-wallowing, making them look to their side to see Eda who had now scooted over a bit closer to their spot.

"Ah, don't worry. To be honest I get that all the time! People always assume that me and her are related. She was my student two years ago and now, I'm kind of a part-time tutor for her whenever she has projects and Powerpoint presentations. You know how hard it is being a junior these days. And also, do you know that she's actually dating Odalia's youngest?"

"Really now?", Raine's jaw quickly dropped from the mention, "Amity Blight? I think that's the name."

"Yeahhh, that kid. Can't you believe it? The kid really has the charm to make a rich girl fall for her, it's amazing."

"She seems like a good kid...", they smiled genuinely, "How'd she become your favorite?"

"Well for one, she's really fun to be around with. She kind of lights up the whole atmosphere with her quirks. We're both weirdos in a pod! Although most of the time, I usually have to keep my guard up and make sure she doesn't get into any trouble because oof, for some reason she just gets into one.", both of their shoulders were now touching, as the Clawthorne placed both of her hands in the back of her head to relax.

"But you know, teens grow up and learn things. Kid's got a long way to go with that big heart of hers."

Raine giggled briefly, now resting the side of their cheek on their knee to look at the woman beside her

"She kinda sounds like you. Hm. No wonder."

"Ehhh, more or less!", she grinned widely, "Nah. We're kind of different. She's a good kid. Just gets in over her head sometimes but, she just wants what's best for everyone. Unlike me, I loved being crazy on others here and there for my own satisfaction. Kind of surprised that Bumpy-kins didn't expel me yet back in high school. What a damn miracle."