Oh, dear sister.

8:10 PM

"You sure you want to drink coffee?", Eda asked her sister from the distance who's looking at the evening night sky by the balcony, arms crossed over to her chest while firm elbows rested on the railing.

"Yes. I'm not in the mood to rest for tonight. And besides, this view's too wonderful to look at."

A chuckle escaped from Eda's lips and lets her attention focus back on proceeding to brew her older sister's late-night caffeine, putting the right amount of beans in the coffee grinder. But before Eda could press the pulse button with the tip of her yellow fingernail, Lilith had already gestured her hand in the air to make Eda accompany her in her spot.

"Just leave it there. I'll handle it by myself later.", her aquamarine eyes glistened because of the moon's light, causing it to glow a bit in her irises like a blue firefly. There was something in between them that Eda couldn't exactly point out but the tension's still felt right there. Honestly, there's always tension when it comes to accompanying her older sister alone because during times like these...

An important talk was bound to happen. And Eda was already expecting this to come up ever since the recent events that happened from the morning.

Today was somehow eventful. In a good way, of course. And there were lots of topics to be discussed about since their mother, Gwen, has now dozed off on Eda's bed for around two hours after telling countless stories that had happened to them back in Canada.

Speaking of Canada...

"Hey, I thought you said you two are going to arrive here by Tuesday or something. What happened to that?", the younger Clawthorne placed the lower base of her orange hair over her right shoulder as she also rests both of her elbows by the railing, looking at the beautiful scenery in front of them for probably the millionth time now.

"That's what I thought too. But against my will, by the time we finished packing, mother had already booked us the airplane tickets prior a week ago, and guess what? The moment you dropped your phone on me was also the same time we left. It was really sudden and we were both in a rush but I couldn't blame her. You know how excited mom can be."

They both laughed at the fact.

"As you said, can't blame the momma.", Eda pursed her lips to hold it in as Lilith only manages to let out a small smile.

"Can't blame the momma, indeed.", a finger started to twirl her own dark-teal hair, repeating the circular action as it wraps around it and falls back.

Lilith's appearance really evolved throughout the years. Ever since high school, she was always this girl who had the largest, nerdy glasses on her face along with a few noticeable freckles scattered around her cheeks.

And her hair was one hell of an orange bush where one can put their face in a make it a pillow. That hasn't happened yet sadly. Because nobody would even dare to do that because Lilith would probably throw a punch or kick them in the balls if she has to.

Personal space was one of her major priorities.

But now, she's changed so much. Appearance-wise. And Lilith Clawthorne's totally rocking her new look ever since she became the sidekick of the law.

"So...that date you mentioned from yesterday was your ex, all along?"

She casually mentioned, sending shivers down her younger sister's spine along with the goosebumps rising on her skin. The cold night air was being an ass and it wasn't helping Eda hide from stalling too long to give out a response.

Dammit.

"Alright alright. First of all, let me explain.", Eda leaned to the side, raising a pinky finger to indicate the first statement, "One, the whole I have a date to go thingy was my way of distracting you to excuse myself from explaining any more details about the reunion."