Exceptional Morning

Another quick song (True by Spandau Ballet): https://youtu.be/AR8D2yqgQ1U

———————————————

Groaning, the morning sun from the window shined directly at their face, brown caramel skin mixing with bright light. Everything somehow feels...different, but their whole body was laying down on something soft so Raine cared less about the unusual difference. This was their room after all.

Right?

A very painful headache then reminded Raine of how they got themselves into oblivion from whatever happened last night. They kept their eyes shut, not wanting to open them despite the annoying bright light making it hard to focus. Muscles were aching so badly making every joint in their body hard to move.

Everything felt so sore that Rain already felt too paralyzed.

Goddammit...

What happened..?

A slow hand attempts on reaching out to where their nightstand is. Although, when their fingers tried to feel for any object lying around, questions started popping up in their head for not feeling any wood from underneath their fingertips. Raine then adjusted their position carefully despite the ache, laying down on their stomach to reach out their arm more. Their nightstand should just be right beside their bed...

But there was none and it turns out their hand was just flailing awkwardly in the air like a zombie trying to come out of their grave. With a tired sigh and a long, deep, yawn, their eyes then started to open and take in the surroundings where they were currently in.

Raine's vision was like a blurry, foggy mirror after a hot steamy shower, but it didn't mean that they couldn't recognize the colors of their condominiu-

...

Wait.

This isn't...

With eyebrows furrowed in confusion while blinking their eyes hard to try and make up the surroundings clearer in their line of vision, a rush of energy that's caused by fear made Raine sit up on the bed quickly.

"Where?! Agh!" they muttered a silent curse by their palm as their head produced a sharp and painful throb, restraining themself from being loud despite the terrifying situation that they've gotten themself into. Raine lets their own hands pat themself to feel their body, releasing a sigh of relief for knowing that they still have their clothes on. For if they didn't, then that would've been the icing on the top of making it worse.

This has got to be another one of their realistic dreams like from yesterday. It has to be. Because if all of this is real then Raine knew to themself how fucked up they are for being so careless and reckless. Their glasses were nowhere near in sight which made the situation way more nerve-wracking for it'll affect their vision once they managed to come up with an escape plan.

Was I kidnapped?

Who kidnapped me?!

Where am I?!

And why is this room so...surprisingly clean and well organized than my place..?

Ah! Now's not the time to compare your lifestyle to your kidnapper! You have to escape!-

Thoughts were interrupted immediately when a faint sweet tune coming from what it seems like to be a radio was heard from the distance. And is that...True by Spandau Ballet..?

"Ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhhhh."

Is that who I think it is..?

A familiar voice that Raine knows too well calmed their nerves as they heard her humming the song from outside of the room. They tilted their head ever so slightly, letting an ear listen to her following the tune of the song.