Thomas Sharpe

I woke up with a ponding headache, in a bed that I was familiar with yet have never been in before

I woke up with a ponding headache, in a bed that I was familiar with yet have never been in before. I sat up in the bed holding my aching head.

"Claudia." A man that was sitting to the side of the bed smiled at me. "You are finally awake." He stood up and walked over to me. "How are you feeling?"

"T-Thomas?" I asked to make sure these unfamiliar memories were correct.

"Yes? Are you feeling ok? You had a pretty nasty fall." He sat on the bed next to me.

"I am not sure." I lowered my hand and looked around. "I'm a little confused." Am I? I have all these new memories.....

"What are you confused about? Maybe I can help." He rubbed my shoulder. What am I supposed to say? Im not Claudia? He will think I am crazy...

"Everything is just fuzzy. My memories are disorganized and blurred." I rubbed my head again to sell the lie. "I know you are Thomas Sharpe, my husband. You have a sister Lucille. My father is Andrew Carnegie. I'm from Pittsburg, America....1887."

"That is all true. I found you at the bottom of the stairs, you took a nasty fall." He grabbed my hand. "Do you need or want anything?" So many questions I need answered...

"Can I get out of bed?"

"I think it is better if you don't move around to much. Your head was bleeding when I found you." He kissed my hand. "Rest. I will go make you something to eat." He pulled away but I grabbed his hand. Why do I feel safe with him?

"Please, stay." He smiled and nodded.

"Let me just go get my papers and I will come right back." He wiggles out of my grasp and went to the table he was sat at before I woke up.

All I remember is the car crash then I woke up here, am I dead. No this all makes sense in a way, Andrew Carnegie was an 1800s steel manufacturer that rose up in Pittsburg. History is accurate, I didn't go back in time, did I?

Thomas then crawled back into the bed with his papers and a small lap writing slab. For some reason my body ended up leaning and resting my head on his shoulder as he worked. Why do I feel safe with him, like the house is a demon and he is my angel.

I looked down at his work and saw a machine, an old machine. I watched him sketch the diagram for the machine and it's parts. I do remember him being an engineer, he came to my father for funding. I leaned closer to get a better took at his work, maybe I can help.

"That incline plane is going to have fatigue if you plan on using that size scoop." I said. He looked up from his work then over at me. "Sorry. It's just the efficiency will increase along with the flow rate if you... may I?" I say up and pointed to his work. He nodded and handed me is sketch book.

I smiled and took his book. I took out a clean sheet and made a copy of what he already had so I wouldn't ruin his work. I began adding the details to improve the problems to my sketch. He watched me in shock an awe as I bit my bottom lip while focusing on the improvements.

"I didn't know you knew mechanics." Thomas chuckled.

"Well I mean we have only know each other for, 5 months." I stopped and looked up. "Why did we get married in such short time, two months and we think of marriage?" I looked at him.

"I, um. We love each other, we wanted to spend our lives with each other." He smiled.

"Still, two months is barely enough time to get to know each other, never the less fall in love." I continued working. "I have made some changes to help your machine carry the load of clay. I would suggest either make your scoops smaller for a faster flow time or keep them the same but it will be slow. I changed the incline to release the stress you have been putting on it." I give him a 'you should have fixed that' look.

"Thank you." I handed him the sketch. "How, where did you learn this?" I shrug.

"My Father in a sense." I lean on his shoulder again. "Where did you learn?"

"Self taught. As kids I made Lucille toys, then it grew into this." He began studying my work. "Incredible, I can't believe you hid this from me." He smiled.

"Sorry. I guess it never came to mind." A woman then walked in the door with a tea tray in hand.

"Lucille." Thomas chit out of the bed and went over to his sister to give her a kiss on the cheek. "You won't believe what Claudia did."

"What has she done?" Lucille walks to my side of the bed and sets the tea tray on the wooden bench.

"She has helped me improve my machine." He walked to the other side of the bed. Eyeing the tea Lucille pours into a cup. "She is very smart."

"Hmm." Lucille hums and hands me a cup of tea. "This will make you feel better." She hands me the cup. I hate tea....

"Um... Thank you." I place the tea cup in my lap. "What flavor is it? Raspberry?" I look at the deep red color of the tea as I swirl the liquid around.

"Black Tea, Lavender, Natural Creme Flavor, Orange, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Vanilla Flavor & Natural Bergamot Flavor." She lifts my wrist with the cup to my lips. "It's a little bitter but so is everything in this house. Now drink." I look at Thomas and he seems a bit nervous.

"Maybe later." I move her arm away and lower the back down. "I am not in a tea mood." Lucille cupping your fist with other hand as her face held a angry smile. It's just tea....

"Very well." She turns to Thomas. "Make sure she drinks the tea." He nods then Lucille leaves the room.

"I know she is your sister and it is rude of me to say but she is scary and I don't like her." I look at Thomas. "She gets mad over tea. Was it wrong for me to decline. It's not like I threw it in her face." She has always been cold in Claudias memories....

"She just likes being hospitable and gets her feeling hurt when she is denied." He says back in the bed. "Don't worry about it." He kissed my forehead. "You don't have to drink the tea if you don't want." He grabbed his papers and started working again.

"How about." I took the papers and moved them away from him. He raised a brow. "We go see this incredible machine you have built." I smiled. "I promise I feel well enough. Headache gone, I'm feeling good...... please." He smiled.

"Alright. Get dressed and I'll meet you down stairs." He got out of the bed and left the room.

       I went to the cabinet that looked like it held clothes, and it did. A whole cabinet of dresses in various colors, and styles. I am from the 2010s, no way I will wear these. Especially if I am to be looking at a machine. I search the room and find a wardrobe full of pants and button up shirts.

       Thomas was more lean and tall then myself, but his clothes still fit. His pants that were made to me loose were just a little snug on me. I said Thomas was thinner than me, not that I was fat. The shirt was also snug and enhance my already curvy body.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad