Bedrest

My coughing stopped as Thomas took me into the living room to sit in front of the fireplace

       My coughing stopped as Thomas took me into the living room to sit in front of the fireplace. Lucille then walked in with a tea tray. How many times do I have to say I hate tea?

"This isn't tea, I had coffee delivered here." She placed the tray down on the table and poured a cup. "This will help you warm up." She hands me the cup.

"Thank you." I take a sip. "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened."

"It's alright." Thomas glared at Lucille. "Just rest for now." I took a sip of the coffee and it is just as bad as the porridge, but at least it warms me up.

"You guys should get hot chocolate. That stuff is good." I chuckle and cough. "Sorry." Thomas sits next to me.

"I can send for some. For now drink your coffee and get some rest." Lucille said then went to walk out.

"Lucille." She turns around. "Do you think you could play something for me? I like the piano and I have only heard you play a lullaby." She smiles.

"Of course." She smiles and goes over to the piano.

"Is the coffee helping?" Thomas puts an arm around me and pulls me closer to him.

"Yes. Thank you." I lean my head on his shoulder as Lucille begins to play the piece I payed for her, Clair De Lone.
——————

        I woke up feeling weak, somehow I ended up in my bed. Must have been Thomas, since I didn't remember walking. I pulled my tired body up against the headboard and closed my eyes again. I feel so weak, and tired. Maybe I got a cold while playing outside, but this didn't really seem like a cold. My nose wasn't runny, I just felt weak.

"You're awake." I opened my eyes and Lucille walked over to my bedside with a bowl. "I made you some porridge." Ugh, cardboard...

"Thank you." I sat up more and saw I was no longer in my pants in shirt. "Wh-who changed me?" Lucille sat on the bed.

"I did." She took the spoon and scooped a spoonful of porridge.

"Good, thank you." I smiled and took a bite. It actually didn't taste like cardboard, maybe some honey was added, sugar? "It's delicious." I went to take it from her since I thought it was strange to have someone feed me but my arms were to heavy. "I feel so weak Lucille. I don't know why." She frowns and looks to the porridge which she spoons again.

"Maybe the weather is getting to you." She feeds me again. "You were right." She smiled. "It was fun. I don't think I have ever felt like that before, it scared me a little."

"I'm happy that you are happy. We all need a little fun in our lives. You have just forgotten." I cough. I close my eyes and lean my head back. "Looks like my happy tune went back down." I laugh.

"Don't worry. I will have you out of this bed in no time." She smiles and gives me the last spoonful of porridge.

"Thank you. I'm fine. I'm just weak. It's nothing. I just need some rest then I'll be up. Sickness has never stopped me." Lucille helped me lower myself into the blankets.