Machine

After I was dressed and my long blonde hair was pulled back I left the room and ran down the stairs

After I was dressed and my long blonde hair was pulled back I left the room and ran down the stairs. No one was in sight.

"Hello?!" I yelled into the empty space which sent an echo through the house. "Thomas?!"

A door opposite of the staircase opened up and Thomas stepped out. He looked at me with a gaped mouth and wide eyes.

"What are you wearing?" He chuckled.

"Oh, I didn't think a dress was right to wear when we are looking at a machine. I hope it is ok." I walked down the rest of stairs and he met me at the bottom.

"You look... good." He checked me out.

"Thomas I understand we are married but I rather you spend our time looking at your machine then checking me out." I chuckle. He smiled and held out his hand. "Thank you. Now as amazing as your clothes are I couldn't find a single sensible pair of shoes." He looks at my bare feet and laughs.

"We have some boots in the closet that may fit your feet." He led me over to a closet next to the front doors.

"Thank you, Thomas." He opens the closet door and pulls out a pair of boots. I put on the boots then he took my hand again.

"Shall we?" He asked. I smiled and he led me outside. "Have you ever build a machine of your own?"

"I have built a whole car by myself once." He snaps his head over to me in shock. "It wasn't much." I shrug.

"Wasn't much?! What else are you hiding from me?" He chuckles. A lot....

"Nothing much. I'm a pretty boring person without the mechanical part." I giggle. We near the machine and he lays go of my hand to run up to it like a little boy.

"This is my greatest invention." He opens his arm wide to display his machine. "All my life's work is right here." I walk up to him.

"It's amazing. Mind explaining it to me? I like learning." He smiled with full teeth.

"Of course." I took his offered arm and he lead me into the reason and build of his machine.

      I watched him in awe, this man, this 1887 man was so in love with his work. He is so passionate about what he has created. I can't help but feel my heart flutter when he looks at me with that smile. Why do I feel this way? Is this Claudias feelings, I just met Thomas, I can't already like him.

        Thomas even went as far to show me how it works and a simple demonstration. He was so giddy the whole time. Like a young child showing his mother his new toy.

"What do you think?" Thomas asked me as he grabbed my hands.

"I think you are an amazing inventor. Very smart, from toys to machines." I squeezed his hands. He grabbed my neck and drew me into a kiss.