Coffee and Porridge

I woke up next to no one, an empty bed

I woke up next to no one, an empty bed. I sighed as I sat up and looked around the room, empty and dark. Up off the bed to the cold carpet, to the bathroom to start my day. After a quick wash I wore a tank top, pants and a long shawl for the cold.

Once I neared the kitchen I heard someone almost yelling.

"We can start new, all of us. Why can't you allow me to be happy for once. She's not like the rest." A male voice, Thomas, said.

"We have each other. In this house. Why is she different, what makes her so special?!" Lucille yelled. "You love her, don't you."

"Lucille." The floor creaked. "Wait." Thomas walked towards me. I opened the door like I just got there, ended up hitting Thomas in the face.

"Oh, my god! I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you were behind the door." I cradled his face, inspecting the damage. "Well, lucky you are already married. Your face is now permanently disfigured." I laughed. He smiled at me. "So, what for breakfast?" I looked to Lucille.

"Porridge." She moved to the stove. I gave Thomas a stick face and he chuckled.

"You do look a little pale." He rubbed my arm. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes. I'm fine." I kissed his cheek. "Don't worry. You're not to badly damaged." I joked. Thomas rolled his eyes.

"I am going outside if that is alright with you." I nod. "I will see you after you eat." Thomas kisses my forehead and leaves.

"Come, sit. Your porridge is ready." Lucille placed a bowel onto the table. "I made you coffee as well, making sure you have enough." She pours a cup of coffee and sets it down next to the bowel.

"What about you?" I walked over and sat down.

"I have already eaten." Lucille sits down in front of me and watches me eat the porridge with a smile. "I have more if you like." I shook my head.

"One bowl is enough. Thank you though." I finish the bowel and Lucille takes it to the sink. "I'm sorry for making you worried, it was my idea to stop at the castle before coming home."

"It is alright." She washed the dish angrily. "Drink your coffee, I switched it since Thomas said you didn't like it." I pick up the cup and took a sip, still disgusting, maybe even more.

"Thank you." She smiles than comes to sit again. "I think I will go see if Thomas needs help." I go to stand up but she grabs my hand.

"Why don't you finish your coffee, it is still cold outside." She lets my hand go.

"Ok." I picked up the cup and drank it in one gulp. I tried not to make a disgusted face when it went down my throat. "I'm going now. Thank you for the coffee and porridge." I stood up and walked out of the kitchen.

After I put on my coat and scarf, it was cold but not snowing, I went out to Thomas's machine where he was.

"Thomas!" I ran to him. "What you up to?" He hopped off of his machine.

"I'm taking it apart." He told me as he wiped his hands off. "The new parts will be here in a couple days." I nod.

"Can I help?" I spin my body and put on a puppy dog face. "Please, pretty please." He smiled.

"Fine." We walked over to the machine and Thomas handed me his tool box.

We both grabbed wrenches and started taking off the scoops one by one as we lowered them to the ground. Unfortunately we were both to weak to carry them away so now there was a pile of scoops under the machine. I started to feel weak from all the work, which is strange because this shouldn't make me weak.

"Are you ok?" Thomas looked at me worryingly. "You are even more pale then the kitchen." He stood up and walked around to me. "What did Lucille give you?"

"Just the porridge and coffee, which was much wors-."

"You drank it?" Thomas moved his hands to my face. "I told you not to."

"I didn't want to be rude. She also didn't let me leave unless I finished it." His brows furrowed and his eyes help pain. "I'm fine Thomas, really. I'm just a little tired, thats all."

"No, you're pale." Thomas wrapped his arms under me and picked me up. "I told you not to drink that coffee. Lucille, she doesn't, you could have food poisoning. I told you she isn't a good cook." We walked in the house and up the stairs.

"Maybe we should get her cooking lessons then." I joked. A stabbing pain shot in my abdomen. I gasped and wrapped my arm around my stomach. He ran walked into the bedroom, closing the door with his foot and quickly put me on the bed. The pain wouldn't stop. "Thomas, it hurts."

"What? What is it? What hurts." He grabbed my face that was sweating profusely. "Odette what is it?"

"My stomach." I cried. "Thomas." I grabbed his hand.

"Let me get you something." Tears left his eyes as he left me.

The pain wouldn't go away, I felt so weak. I turned on my side, trying to help the pain. It's like if Claudia and I had our periods at the same time. I felt something run down my leg. I took my hand and touched it, bringing it back to see blood.

"Thomas!" I screeched. "Thomas!" I sat up in bed. "Thomas!" He ran through the door. "Thomas, I-I." He ran over to me.

"What is it?" I couldn't stop crying. "Odette?"

"I-I. Blood." I showed him my hand.

"Where?" I pointed to under the blanket. He pulled it back and gasped. Between my legs was soaked with blood. "No, Odette. You'll be fine." Thomas turned and grabbed a blanket to wrap around me. "Hold my neck." He told me as he lifted me off the bed. "You are going to fine Odette." He quickly went down the stairs and to the stable.

"Sir Sharpe." The horse taker stood up surprised at what he saw.

"Quickly, get the carriage ready!" Thomas yelled to the man then took me to the carriage.

"Thomas." I cried. "It won't stop." He sat down in the carriage and placed my upper body in his arms. "I'm so tired Thomas." I cried in his chest.

"Just wait a little longer. We will be there soon." He brushed my hair. "Just wait a little more." His tears fell on my face as my eyelids gave up on trying to stay open.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad