Heaven and Hell

It took us 12 days to pack, change boat courses, and find a ride to the mansion, but it was worth it

      It took us 12 days to pack, change boat courses, and find a ride to the mansion, but it was worth it. Eight of those days were spent on a boat sailing the salty sea.

"This is ours?" I asked in awe. "Thomas look at it." I link my arm with his. Happy tears roll down my face. "Thomas, we can't get rid of this." I look at him. He smiles at my happiness but I can tell something is bothering him. "We can bring Lucille. Just think. When your clay machine works your land will become a mining grounds for the rare clay. We can't live there when that happens." I look back to the castle. "We can move in here."

"I never thought of that." He smiles. "We could live here. Bring Lucille."

"I would like that." I hug his arm. "Shall we go explore?" I look at him. He looks at me and grins.

"I think that is a good idea." Thomas leads me into the castle where I gasp.

"It's beautiful." I straightened but kept my hand on Thomas's arm. "Thomas, look at it."

"Yes, beautiful." He said looking at me.

We spend four days there, searching the rooms and grounds. Imagining what the house would be like with us living here. It was a fun few days and I wish I could have stayed, but Lucille was probably lonely and worried since we took longer than expected.

When we got back to the mansion Thomas and I went straight to our rooms to put our items away.

"Where is Lucille?" I asked as I closed up and stored my empty suitcase.

"She must be busy." He put away the last of his clothes. "Would you like to rest? We have had a long day." He walks over and wraps his arms around me.

"Maybe a little nap. Would you like to join me, we have had the same tiring day." I turned around so we were facing each other. "We can cuddle." I wrap my arms around him.

"We could. But I think I should inform Lucille we are home." He kisses me. "Then I'll be back."

"Is that a promise?" I smiled. Thomas smiled and kissed me.

"Of course. I'll come back." I let go of him and he walked out. I took off my god awful 1800s dress and slipped on my nightgown.

"Where were you?" I jumped at Lucilles sudden voice.

"Hello Lucille." I turned around. She looked beyond angry. "Is everything alright?"

"You two were gone for a long time, together." She slowly walked into the room. "You were supposed to be back a week ago. Where were you?"

"We stayed for the funeral then went to see the castle my father left me. It is a beautiful place."

"You two were alone." Her face was turning red. "You two slept there, alone."

"Yes." I stepped back. "What is wrong with that? We were completely safe if that is what you are worried about."

"Lucille!" Thomas walked through the door. "May I speak with you?" Lucille calms down and turns with a smile.

"Of course Thomas." She walks out.Thomas gives me a smile before following her. What the hell was that?

I have never seen Lucille so angry, she must have been nervous with us gone so long. Maybe she felt lonely and abandoned, I don't want her to feel like that.

I walked to the little book shelf and sat in front of the fireplace to read. I got through the first 7 chapters before I heard a knock on the door.

"Hello." Thomas smiled and walked in. "Sorry about Lucille. She was worried about our safety." He says down next to me and I laid on his lap.

"It's alright, she looked really mad though. Does she hate me again?" He played with my hair.

"She doesn't hate you." I turned on my back and looked up at him. "Just give her time." He smiled.

"Have you told her our idea yet, about the castle." He shook his head. "Good. Tell her when she is in a good mood." I chuckled. "I miss the castle. It's so dreary and dark here."

"I know. Once my machine is up and running we will plan to move. Just wait a little more." I lifted my hand to his cheek and he leaned into it.

"I want us to have a happy life. I don't know what you want but I want our days filled with sunshine. I want to wake up in your arms and fall asleep in them, I want to be with you in all hours of the day." He smiles. "I want a future with you, and Lucille if she chooses." He cups my hand on his cheek and moved to kiss it.

"As do I." He smiles down to me. "We just have to be patient.... Now." He takes the book from me. "Where were you."

Thomas begins to read to me and play with my hair, calming me into a peaceful sleep. But peace doesn't last long in this house.

"Claudia I made you some coffee." Lucille walks in with a tray. "I though you might enjoy some." She pours a cup and hands it to me.

"Thank you Lucille." I sit up and took the cup, she just stands there. "It smells amazing." I fake a sip, she smiled and picks up the tray.

"Make sure you drink it all." She looked at Thomas who was glaring at her as she left. He took it out of my hands and threw the liquid into the fire.

"Did you drink any?" I shook my head 'no'. "Good." He pushes me back to a laying position.

"Why did you say good?" I asked as he opened the book.

"I don't want you to get sick from her horrid coffee making skills." He faked a laugh. "Just relax now and let me read." Thomas began to play with my hair as he read. This time actually getting me to sleep.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad