Sweet

We played multiple rounds, War was definitely a good choice once they got the hang of it

        We played multiple rounds, War was definitely a good choice once they got the hang of it. I heard Lucille laugh again, very small but still there. After War I introduced them to Go Fish, and after that Crazy 8, basically just the games I played as a child.

"I think we should get you to bed." Thomas smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at Lucille.

"Thomas is right." She smiled. "You had an exhausting day." I groaned.

"Fine. Two against one again." I cleaned up the cards. "Lucille, you and Thomas are the bosses of the house now. You don't have to lock away all of the fun items because that's how it always was." I hand her the cards. "It's your life now, be the writer of your own story." I stood up and stretched. "This was a fun day, we should do it more often."

"It was indeed very entertaining." Thomas stood up. "Let's get you to bed." He offered a hand, I took it.

"I'll only promise to go to bed if we have a family night like this every Monday and Thursday." I looked at Lucile then Thomas, then back to Lucille. They looked at each other. "Come on, we had fun. On Family Nights we can play games and have fun. It will be a no work night." I looked at Thomas and chuckled. "If you can handle that." He smiled.

"We've never had a family night." Lucile spat the word family. She stood up and went to the chest. "You should get some rest Claudia." She put the cards back and locked the chest. It seems I lost the child Lucille again....

"Yes, you are right." I walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "Goodnight Lucille. I hope you have happy dreams." I let her go and smile. "Please don't forget to smile, alway smile." I smiled at her and the corner of her mouth twitched. "Goodnight." I kissed her cheek and went to Thomas.

"Shall we?" He held out his arm.

"Why not." I shrug and take his arm. We head out of the room and up the stairs. "Was tonight alright?" I asked as we rounded into our room. "Did I say something to make Lucille sad?"

"Tonight was great. Don't be bothered by my sister." He tucks me into the bed.

"I do worry about her. She is your sister which makes her mine." I snuggle with the blankets.

"Normal woman wouldn't think that way." He goes to his wardrobe and takes out his pajamas. "All the woman I know would judge her for living with her married brother. Yet alone not already having a husband." Thomas started to take off his clothes. I couldn't bring myself to look away. "Like what you see?" He chuckled while looking at me through the mirror.

"Oh, uh. It's ok." He chuckled.

"I'm glad I am just ok." He shook his head and put on his bedtime clothes. Thomas walked over and crawled into bed. "Goodnight." He kissed my forehead then turned around.

"Thomas?" I couldn't stop my thoughts from coming out. He looked back at me. "Why did you actually marry me?" Thomas turned his whole self around towards me.

"What do you mean?" He held my hand.

"Well. We have been married for about three months and that was the first time I have seen... it." He rubbed the back of my hand. "I mean. It's fine with me. I'm in no rush, but..."

"You don't know why I haven't pushed to consummate our marriage." I nod. "I too believe we married in hast, I was scared. I wanted to get to know you more but the throng of men around you made me nervous and that made me want you more." He brought my hand to his lips and rest it there.

"That's sweet. I think it would have been sexier if you battled for me though." He smiled. "Battle of the intellect of course." I picked his biceps. "Just to make sure you won." I chuckled.

"Are you calling me weak." He chuckled.

"What? Nooooo." He rolled his eyes. "Not with all that pencil and paper lifting you do everyday." I smirked.

"You are being mean." He smiled and kissed my hand. "I think it is time to sleep."

"Alright." I scoot down in the bed and bring my head to his chest and my arm around him. "Goodnight." I squeezed him.

"Goodnight, darling." He pulled me in closer and nuzzled his nose in my hair.
.....

I woke up feeling back to normal, like my sickness was never there. Thomas was still asleep and his arms were still around me. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep, all stress lines are relaxed.

"Good morning." He mumbles with a smile.

"Good morning." I chuckle. "How long have you been awake?" He opens his eyes.

"A while. I didn't want to leave." He kissed my forehead yet again in this short amount of time. "Do you have a nice sleep?"

"Best ever." I kissed his lips. "Did you?" I smirked. He smiled and kissed my lips again.

He started to kiss harder as he slowly moved above me. One arm behind my back the other behind my neck. My arms were wrapped around his neck, tugging slightly on his hair.

"Mmm." He moaned into the kiss as his hand pulls up my nightgown. Wait, I barley know him...

"Thomas." He moves to my neck. "Thomas." He looks up worried.

"Am I hurting you?" He looks in to my eyes. I shake my head 'no'. "What is it?"

"I'm not ready for anything... serious. Just not yet." I say shyly. He smiles and kisses me.

"I understand." He looks sad but somehow relieved. "Shall we get dressed then?" He climbs off and over to his dresser.

"I suppose it's back to work today?" I pull myself up onto the headboard. He smiles to me. "Of course." I roll my eyes.

"There is much work to do in such little time." I look away as he changes his bottom clothes.

"I understand. Just make sure you take breaks. I don't want you getting sick from overwork." His hand lightly grabs my chin and turns my face back up to him. "And I'll miss you, cause I'm definitely not working in that attic all day." I smiled.

"I'll try my best to satisfy my wife's needs." He leaned in and gave me yet another kiss. "First, breakfast. Get dressed and meet me down there." He pulls away from me and leaves the room.

I stretch out of bed and go to my dresser to change into another pair of Thomas's clothes, I have gotten skinnier in the last few days. It must have been the sickness, if that could do anything....

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad