Piano Keys

"What brings you here?" The doctor asked as we sat down

"When my wife woke up this morning she felt sick." Thomas said with perfect eye contact with the doctor.

"What did you feel like?" The doctor looked at me.

"I woke up and ran to the bathroom because I needed to throw up. But right after I felt fine." He nodded.

"If you would allow me to do a few minor checks." The doctor stood up and walk around his desk to me.

He did a series of basic health checks on me. He said each was normal before sitting back down.

"I can do more tests that will take time but with just you telling me what happened. I believe you have morning sickness, you are most likely pregnant." Thomas and my eyes widened.

"But. I just had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago." I picked at my cuticles and Thomas grabbed my hand.

"Oh." The doctor scratched his nose. "It's rare but. A few cases I have heard of. You might of had twins and lost only one during the miscarriage." Thomas squeezed my hand. "But it is rare. But you do have the symptom of morning sickness."

Thomas and I turned to statues as the doctor told us about how to take care of my body and what to watch out for. He also told us how to test if I was actually pregnant, what changes to look for.

"If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to come see me or send word." The doctor closed our meeting with that.

The doctor escorted Thomas and I out of his office before calling the next person. As soon as we walk outside to the busy town we turned to each other.

"I'm pregnant." I said still in shock. Thomas smiled with his eyes glazing over with tears. "Thomas, you're going to be a Father."

"And you a Mother." He wrapped his arms around me and spun me around before planting a kiss on my lips. "I'm going to be a Father!" His smile fell to a frown.

"What's wrong." I grabbed his face.

"What if I'm not a good Father. What if I'm like my own." He said worryingly.

"You will be an amazing Father. You will teach them everything about mechanics. You will read them asleep like you do for me. You will make delicious breakfast and give them all of your love." He smiled. "If anything your Father showed you, was how not to be a Father." Tears fell down his cheeks.

"I love you." He brushed the strand of hair behind my ear.

"Always and forever." He chuckled then picked me up bridal style. "What are hy doing?!" I laughed.

"You are pregnant. I can't have you walking." He carried me to the carriage. I just relaxed in his arms and let him carry me.

We took the carriage back, Thomas insisted I lay on his lap. It was a nice ride, he played with my hair while going over what I can and can't do now since I could get hurt and he won't allow that. I laughed at his stupid rules like I can no longer walk by myself down steps, or how if I need to get cleaned I can only take a bath since I might slip in the shower. Rules like that, it was cute seeing him care.

"My lady." Thomas held out his hand to help me out of the carriage before picking me up once again.

"I can walk." I laughed as he rounded the carriage to the house.

"No, there are steps." He said as he walked up the front door steps. I rolled my eyes.

"If the lady healthy, Sir." Logan opened the front doors.

"I am going to be a Father." Logan's face lit up.

"Congratulations!" He exclaimed and shut the door. "Shall I tell the cooks to make something?!" He asked as we walked up the steps. Thomas stopped and looked at me.

"Darling?" He asked.

"Um... fluffy pancakes?" I smiled. "With strawberries." Thomas chuckled.

"But it's lunch time-. You know what, that's a perfect meal." Thomas chuckled. "Logan tell them to make two meals of fluffy pancakes with strawberries, please." Logan nodded and walked towards the kitchen.

"You better not get lazy for our kid and tell the chiefs to cook for them." I chuckled. He carried me up the rest of the stairs and to our room. "I don't want to rest." I whined. "I'm not sick, I'm pregnant. If anything I should get stronger. I heard a little exercise a day helps the baby." He laid me on the bed and raised a brow. "I don't want to lay down." I sat up and crossed my arms.

"Alright. But if you feel tired or faint you must promise to rest." Thomas held out his hand for me to take. "And don't travel to far away from people. This house is big and I wouldn't want you disappearing."

"I promise I'll stay a yell near you." I chuckled. "But I think I, a strong stubborn independent woman, can handle herself."

"But you aren't handling just yourself are you?" Thomas smiled at me. "And I am also half of what you are handling so I want you safe."

"I love you." I chuckled rolled my eyes

"As I do you." He kissed me. "I can't wait to be a father."

"You will be the best father anyone could ever ask for." I kissed him.

Thomas held me close. "I promise to keep you both safe and happy. You two mean the world to me." I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you."

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad