Fireplace

"Claudia

"Claudia." I turned to see Thomas at the front door. "Have you been out here all this time?" He walked over to me. "Look at yourself, you're pale." He cups my cheek with his hot hands. I guess I stayed for to long...

"I was about to head in." Thomas gave me a knowing look. "Ok fine I got lost in the work and I didn't realize how long I was out here." Thomas smiled and took my work.

"Come on." He helped me up. "Let's go inside and sit at the fireplace." He held me up as we went in.

"God it's warm." I shivered at the change of temperature. "Thanks for saving me." I chuckled.

"It my job to save you." He brought us over to the fireplace. "Let me take your jacket." Thomas removed my jacket and scarf. "Here." He took a blanket and wrapped it around me.

"Thank you Thomas." I laughed. "Are you going to join me?" I sat down the floor. "I can show you what I have changed and see if you approve." He smiled and sat down. "Now." I held out my hand. He raised a brow and I motioned to my work that was still in his grasp.

"Oh." He he handed me my papers. "Right." He chuckled. I took the papers and scooted closer to him.

"I just fixed a few details, I could finish them but I didn't want to take over your work." I showed him the re-drawing of the inventions.

      Thomas listened to my explanations of what I changed, he looked at me with a proud smile on his face.

"Are you even listening?" I smiled to him. He kept looking to my eyes.

"Of course. You are a brilliant woman." He cupped my cheek. "You never fail to surprise me." He leans in and kisses me.

        I automatically reach my hands behind his head to hold him closer while his hands travel to my neck and back. We kiss more passionately as Thomas brings me to his lap.

"There you two are." Lucilles voice ruins the moment. She walks in with a tray. "I made coffee, you were out in the cold for a long time. We wouldn't want you getting sick." Thomas pushed me off his lap.

"Thank you Lucille." She placed the tray on a table and poured a cup. "Thomas?"

"No, thank you." He refused the drink. "Claudia was just showing me the improvements she made to my inventions." Thomas gathered up the papers. Lucille handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." She gave me one of her fake smiles. "What have you been up to?" I asked her and took a sip of the bad tasting coffee.

"I haven't done anything if importance." She takes the tray and walks out. I sip the coffee again

"Don't drink that." Thomas took the coffee.

"Thank you. It doesn't taste as good as yours." I chuckled. He threw the liquid in the fireplace. "Why does she like me one minute and the next despises me?"