No More

Someone was carrying me, I fell asleep in Thomas's arms

"Help!" Thomas yelled. I heard footsteps.

"We need an open bed!" A woman yelled. "What happened?"

"I don't know. She was having stomach pains and then she started to bleed." Thomas walked somewhere and laid me down. "Odette are you ok?" I opened my eyes slowly as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"Is your name Odette?" I nodded to a man in a white coat that stood next to Thomas. "Do you know if you were pregnant?" My eyes widened and I looked at Thomas. "Have you recently had intercourse?"

"Yes." Thomas answered. "First time was about two weeks ago, but that wasn't the only time." I gripped Thomas's hand as the pain jabbed at me again.

"I'm sorry." Thomas looked at me. "I worked to hard. You told me not to and I didn't listen."

"This is not your fault Odette." He sat down and held my hands. "Don't blame yourself for this."

"I will prescribe you medication for pain, there is nothing I can do. It will take up to two weeks for the miscarriage to stop."

"Thank you." Thomas said to the man as he left. I started to cry more. "Shhh, it's fine. It's not your fault."

"I was pregnant with your child. I killed our child." I sobbed. Thomas teared up. "I killed them. I will never go near that infernal machine again."

"Shhhh." He lifted my up and sat behind me so I can lay on his chest. "We can always have another. There is plenty of time." He kissed my head. "Don't blame yourself. Please don't blame yourself." He pulled me closer and wrapped me like a blanket. "Rest now. I'll be here."

"Don't leave me."

"I won't." Thomas gripped me tighter. "I will fix this." He whispered before I fell asleep.
.....

I woke up to a sleeping Thomas pillow, a handsome pillow in fact. I know it is weird watching someone sleep, but I love how calm he looks.

A miscarriage, I was pregnant and I lost the baby. Thomas's baby, our baby. He must hate me, I killed our child, I couldn't support it, I worked to hard.

I lifted the blankets and looked down, everything was clean and I was in a hospital gown. Thomas's hands were rested on my stomach, fingers clasped together. I wrapped my hand around his and leaned my head back down on his chest.

"Are you feeling ok?" Thomas's chest buzzed along with his voice. I looked up at him and turned my body so I was laying on my front.

"Do you hate me?" He furrowed his brows. "I lost our child." Thomas pulls me close and buried his head next to mine.

"I will never, ever hate you. It was not your fault our child died, don't blame yourself." I hugged him back. "Please don't blame yourself."

"Okay." I sobbed.

"Shhh, it's alright. Do you hurt anywhere? I can ask the doctor to bring you more pain reliever." I shook my head. "Do you need anything? Bathroom, food or water?"

"Can you read to me?" He leans back and I look up. "Or tell me a story. I need to think of something else." Thomas uses his thumb to brush away the stray tears.

"Of course." I laid my head down and he began to play with it. "There was once a man named Gulliver...."

Thomas told me the story Gullivers travels while soothing me with his voice. I loved this man, Thomas Sharpe was my life and I don't know when it started. He played with my hair, this time braiding it since he had two hands.

He would have been a good father, reading to our children, braiding our daughters hair for school. Teaching them about mechanics when I tech them how to play the piano. We would go on picnics and watch them run around playing.

"Odette?" I looked up at Thomas. "Are you ok?"

"Yes. Are you?" He smiles.

"Of course. I'm perfect as long as you are here." Thomas brushed the stray hair behind my ear. "Let's leave. Let's go to Scotland and start a new life."

"Really?" I raised my head up and looked at him. He smiled at me.

"Really. We can leave whenever. We will go to the castle and never look back." I sat up.

"What about your machine, and Lucille?" His brows furrowed in anger by her name.

"The machine doesn't matter. I will work on my other inventions. Lucille can handle herself." I grabbed his hand.

"I don't want to be the one that separates you too." Thomas looks down at my hand and brings it up to a kiss.

"You have done no such thing. Lucille and I went on different paths long ago. Now it is time we truly diverged paths." Thomas moves closer to me. "Lucille can take care of herself. She will be fine, but she can't come." I looked in his eyes, he was serious about this.

"Alright. But what about our clothes, invention sketches, the keys to Skibo castle? We have to go back to get them." He shook his head.

"We can buy new clothes and the castles caretaker that we met has a copy of the keys. As for the inventions I will come up with new ones, or remember the old ones." He smiled. "We will be fine, we have everything we need right here." I smiled and pulled him into a kiss.

       Thomas kisses back with so much love and passion we lost our breath and surroundings. I pushed Thomas back onto the wall of the bed as we kissed. His hands resting on my waist as mine held his face.

"I love you." I panted as we broke the kiss.

"Always and forever." Thomas kisses me again before letting me rest my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. "When do you want to leave?" He fiddles with my hair. "We can go as soon as the doctor allows you to." I looked up to him.

"I'm my hospital gown?" I chuckled then realized why I was wearing a hospital gown. "Are you sure you want me?"

"What?" He sits up. "Of course I do."

"What if I can't have kids. What if I have another miscarriage. Don't you want kids?" I looked into his eyes.

"I want you. If a kid comes, which one will, then I will be even more happy. But if you can't have any we will fill the castle with children that need a home." Thomas placed his hand on my cheek. "You are a healthy woman. I know you will have a child with me."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I placed my hand on his that was on my cheek. "Thank you." I smiled.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad