Train

After 12 days went by Thomas went out to buy a dress for myself and shoes to match

       After 12 days went by Thomas went out to buy a dress for myself and shoes to match. He also bought himself clothes since his were soiled from when he carried me. The doctor said I was fine but I still needed rest.

       Thomas and I have train tickets for this afternoon, one way. I am happy we will get to move to a new place, a bright place. The place of our future, and our future family.

     I do feel a little guilty for leaving Lucille without a goodbye. But to be honest I am a little relieved, she was never a nice person. Since the first time I saw her she felt off, and still does. I managed to get her to smile and laugh once, but that soon ended. Lucille staying behind is for the best, she would only bring shadows to the castle is she came.

"Are you ready, Odette?" Thomas asked from outside the bathroom door. "Do you need help with tying the dress?"

"I'm alright Thomas." I tie the last knott and open the door. "See. I am still an independent woman." I smiled.

"You're my independent woman." Thomas pulled me in for a quick kiss. "Now let's find a carriage before we miss our train." He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the front doors of the hospital. "Are you feeling ok?"

"Yes Thomas. I am fine." He smiled and lead me to the carriage that waits outside the hospital. The top was full of boxes. "What are in those?"

"You wouldn't think I would buy just one pair of clothes for both of us." He chuckled. "There filled with pants." He whispered in my ear.

"You know me so well." I chuckled and he helped me into the carriage. "I wonder what Scotland's fashion is like." Thomas sat down in front of me. "Probably a lot of checkered patterns." Thomas chuckled.

         The carriage started to move down the road. Thomas and I watched the town go by as we headed to the train station. A new life awaited us, a new home.

        Thomas helped me out of the carriage when we got to the station, the stagecoach helped Thomas with the bags while watched. I was still a little weak from prior events.

"Thomas don't you think we should have bought clothes there?" I watch him lift another box.

"Like we said, we have no idea what fashion they have there." Thomas handed the box to the stagecoach who took it and placed it on the ground. "Maybe I could have gotten a few less." He chuckled.

"Maybe." I laughed. "I might be able to help, a light box or bag." He shook his head. "You can't carry all of this yourself." Thomas climbs down and walks over to me.

"I sent word to Scotland when I bought our ticket. When we get there the caretaker will be waiting for us to help with our luggage. All we have to do it get it on the train." He kissed my forehead. "Trust me for once." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." I kissed him. "If you break your back it's not my fault." We smiled.

         Thomas and the stagecoach brought our luggage on a rolling cart to the storage area while I went to find our train car. I was a little surprised when I found out Thomas payed for a room. Most likely for me to rest the whole time, which was only a days travel.

       I went into the cabin and laid down in the bed, I'm to lazy at the moment. I didn't sleep but I did shut my eyes, I wish I had a book. I heard the door roll open and I opened my eyes.

"I'm sorry, darling. Did I wake you?" Thomas walked in and slid the door close.

"No. I was just resting my eyes. Come lay down." I scooted back and he laid down. "Did you manage to get all the luggage on?" I held his hand like a pillow under my head.

"Of course I did." Thomas outline my face with his fingers like a blind person would. "Do you like the room?"

"Yes. But you do realize it is only a days trip." He smirked. "You think of me as weak." I chuckled.

"No, never. You are the strongest woman I know." Thomas leans in and kisses my lips softly. "You should rest, I will get us food when the dinning car opens."

"I was just in a hospital bed for a week, and now you want me in one again." I chuckled.

"You need rest though." He kissed my forehead. "Doctors orders."

"Doctor smocktor." I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "I think a person can tell what they need and what they don't."

"Not if they are stubborn." He chuckled. "No go to sleep. I'll stay here." Thomas pulled me into his chest.

       I listened to his heart like a metronome of sleep.
......

"Odette." Thomas's voice coaxed me awake. "Would you like to get food, you must be hungry?" I opened my eyes and smiled.

"I like food." I said groggy. Thomas chuckled. "But I also like your arms." I held him close.

"For an independent stubborn woman you sure act like a child." I groaned. "A stubborn child." I hit his back with my hand. "Fine, alright. Let's get you out of bed. You need to eat." Thomas grabbed my arm and pried it off him.

"But you're warm." I whined. Thomas stopped moving and I looked up at him. He gave me the 'are you being serious' look. "Fine." I let go of him. "You do realize you are making me pick food over you, right?" I chuckled and sat up.

"You need food to stay healthy." Thomas took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders when I stood.

"And I need you to stay happy. And everyone known happiness effects ones health. So I need you to stay happy and healthy." Thomas slid the door open.

"Well I will be with you the whole time we are getting food." He lead me out the door before shutting it. "Maybe they have some pastries." He smiled at me.

"They better." I chuckled.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad