Breakfast

After I changed, brushed, and anything else I needed to accomplish I went down to the kitchen

      After I changed, brushed, and anything else I needed to accomplish I went down to the kitchen. The best smell I have ever smelled in this house filled the air, sausage. Definitely like Thomas breakfast than Lucilles...

"It smells amazing." I walked into the kitchen. Thomas was setting the table while Lucille made the breakfast. "Oh. Good morning Lucille." She nodded.

"I thought we could all eat together." Thomas placed down the last utensils. "I hope that is alright." He looked at me.

"Is that a serious question?" I chuckled. "Of course it's alright." I walk over to Lucille. "Can I help?" I stood beside her.

"No. I can take care of this. Why don't you go sit down." She kept her sight on the sausages in her pan.

"Alright. If you change your mind you know where I am." She must be bipolar....

"My lady." Thomas pulled a chair out. I sat down and he pushed it back in. "Would you like some coffee?" Thomas walked to a cabinet and pulled out a French press.

"I can do it." I go to stand up but he puts his hand up to stop me. "Am I just supposed to sit here when both of you work?"

"Yes." Lucille says as she plates the sausages. Thomas starts making the coffee.

"But." They ignore me and continue. "Are you sure? I can help. I'm not sick anymore if that's what you are worried about." Thomas glared at me. "Jesus ok, I'll stay here. I'm just not use to this."

"Didn't you have maids and butlers in your estate?" Thomas questioned. Maybe in Claudias.....

"Yes but. I liked being my own person. Cleaning up after myself, cooking, normal chores one has to do for themselves." Lucille plated the eggs and brings them over with the sausages. "It smells amazing Lucille." She nods. Do I have to force a smile every time?

"Lucille is the best cook I know." Thomas brings me my coffee.

"I am also the only cook you know." She smiles. They both sit down. So she smiles for Thomas....

"Is there a special occasion I don't know about?" Thomas fills my plate. I see Lucille glaring at his actions. "Usually I have porridge not...." I notion with my hands the food in front of me. Thomas smiles.

"I though we could just use a nice breakfast." He shrugs. I nod and look at my three eggs and four sausages with wide eyes.

"Thomas." I chuckled. "I know I am independent like a man but I sure don't eat like one." I switch our plates, his with two eggs and two sausages. "You have to build up your strength." He smiled.

"You need to build up your health." He switched the plates back. I glared at him then looked at Lucille who was taking a small bite.

"Lucille." I groaned. "He's bossing me again." She glanced at Thomas then at me. "Of course. You're on Thomas's side." I roll my eyes. "Fine. If I get to be bossed so do you." I took Thomas's plate and filled it like mine. "Now eat." I smirked.

We started to eat, and I drank my delicious coffee. It was quiet the whole time, only the clattering of forks and knives made noise.

"So, what are you planning to do today Lucille. If it's ok to share." I ate a bite of egg.

"Just, here and there." Wow....

"Nice. Maybe if you are free we can spend time together or something." She nodded. "What about you Thomas? I guess it's the same work all day then sleep." I chuckled.

"Yes. But someone was very insistent I take breaks." He smiled and sipped his drink. I pointed my fork at him.

"And will you follow that advice and not work your brain to hard." I raised a brow. He nodded. "Good. I think you should draw a picture every hour and a half of work. If you want." I shrug. "I don't really know what else you could do and I clearly saw you are a talented drawer."

"Thank you for the advice." Thomas smiled at me. "What do you plan on doing?"

"I will work on your half inventions but not in that attic. Maybe in the library in front of the fireplace. Maybe outside with a warm coat, for the sun." I shrug and take another bite.

"Are you sure outside is a good idea? We wouldn't want you to get sick again." Lucile chimes in.

"I should be fine. If I get to cold I can just use the fireplace to warm up." I smiled to her but she kept her straight face. "I'll only be working for a little bit. After I'll see what books you guys have to read, if that's ok."

"You don't have to ask permission for everything." Thomas said. "It is your home too." I nod. "I can show you my favorites if you wish."

"I would love that. Maybe tonight after dinner when we are both finished with work." He nods.

We continue eating, in silence. I had no idea what to talk about, I'm not the social type either. Breakfast was finished and Thomas cleaned the plates while Lucille dried them. Yet again, I was useless. I left them with a goodbye and went to the attic to gather the papers and writing items.

"Are you headed outside?" Thomas walked into the workshop.

"I believe so. Then I'll go inside when I get to cold and sit in front of the fireplace." I walk up to him. "Incase you wish to join." I smiled.

"Maybe." He said simply and used his hand to bring me into a kiss. "But you might be to distracting." He chuckled.

"I promise I'll keep my composure if you do." He humms. "Is that to hard Sir Thomas?" I raised a brow.

"I should get to work, you are distracting me." I chuckled. "I'll see you down there. Don't get to cold." He kissed me once more before walking passed me to his desk.

I walked back out with my work and down the elevator. As the elevator went down I looked through the papers to make sure I had them all, I did. When the elevator stopped I opened the door and walked to the closet to put on my coat, boots, scarf and gloves.

The cold air hit my face as I opened the door, the bright snow blinded my eyes. Winter has always been my favorite season, the cold bright snow. I used my boot to push the snow off the steps then sat down. Luckily I found a writing board for my papers in Thomas's work shop.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad