1| "𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄, 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗌!"

CHAPTER ONE:

"WE'RE BACK, BITCHES!"

It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation

It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many. They were told the Earth needs another hundred years to become survivable again. Four more space-locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground.

Sitting in the middle of her cell room, Y/n Blake held a small lock of her h/c hair in her hands as she made a little braid. Lips pursed, a soft and quiet hum continues to escape her throat, a similar tune to the one her mother used to sing when she was little.

For all her life, Y/n had been kept hidden from everyone. On the Ark, no siblings were aloud. No one ever knew why, it was just a rule. Her mother always kept her and her twin sister hidden in a loose panel in the floor. However, they were eventually found and taken.

She doesn't even remember the last time she saw her brother or sister. It was definitely a long while ago. About a year.

Just then, the sound of her cell door is heard, e/c eyes looking upwards, seeing two guards walking inside, blank expressions held on their faces.

"Prisoner 216, face the wall." One guard orders.

Obeying, Y/n stands up from the floor, the small braid releasing from the lock she had been doing as her back faces the two guards behind her. Confusion instantly filled her up, brows furrowing deep. She had no idea why they were here.

"What is this?" Y/n questions.

"Quiet." The guard demands. "Hold out your arm."

Hearing the sound of a box opening, she glances over her shoulder, seeing the guard opening up a small box full of metal wristbands. Her brows furrow even more, slight panic showing on her face.

"Wait, what? What's going on?" Y/n asks, slightly frantic. "It's not my time. I'm not even close to turning eighteen."

On the Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death unless you're under eighteen.

The guards come closer and closer, one of them holding the wristband in his grip, the other holding a stick like weapon, ready to use it if needed. Y/n's jaw clenches as she pushes them away, kicking one to the floor, pushing the other against the wall. As fast as she could, she ran out of her cell, seeing all the other prisoners doing the same as her, some fighting against the guards, others giving in.

Juvenile offenders get put here-- lockup. They call it the Sky Box.

A door suddenly opens to her left, catching her attention. Upon seeing another guard, who had his gaze on her, she begins running the other way, trying to fight against two other guards. However, one grabbed ahold of her before she feels a prick on the skin of her neck. After a second, her vision goes black.