3| "𝗈𝗋, 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅, 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅𝗌."

CHAPTER THREE:

"OR, WELL, GIRLS."

After walking for a little while, Clarke led the way through the forest, the rest behind her

After walking for a little while, Clarke led the way through the forest, the rest behind her. Grabbing two flowers, Finn turns to the sisters, putting one in Octavia's hair, the other going into Y/n's hair.

"Now, that, my friend, is game." Jasper comments.

"That, my friend, is poison sumac." Monty informs, plucking one of them.

"What? It is?" Octavia asks, both sisters swatting them out of their hair.

"The flowers aren't poisonous." Monty assures. "They're medicinal, calming, actually."

"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the Ark." Jasper informs.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke calls back.

"Come on, Clarke. How do block all this out?" Finn questions.

"Well, it's simple. I wonder, "Why haven't we seen any animals"? Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us." Clarke states. "Sure is pretty, though. Come on."

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac." Y/n comments quietly with a little smirk.

The boys, mainly Finn and Jasper, and Octavia all snicker and snort at her words as they continue following the blonde, walking up a small hill.

"I got to know what you two did to get busted." Finn states, looking to Jasper and Monty.

"Sumac's not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean." Monty replies.

"Someone forgot to replace what we took." Jasper recalls, glancing at his best friend.

"Someone has apologized, like, a thousand times." Monty fires back.

"How about you two? What'd they get you both for?" Jasper asks the sisters.

"Being born." They bluntly reply, jogging ahead of them.

"That is so not game." Monty comments, receiving a hit from Jasper.

The two hit each other in the arm a few times before them and Finn jog up to the three girls, crouching behind them, seeing all of them looking at a deer. Smiles grow on their faces upon finally seeing an animal in sight.

"No animals, huh?" Finn whispers to Clarke.

Slowly, he steps forward, still crouching while also trying to be silent. However, his foot suddenly steps on a twig, breaking it in half, the sound echoing through. The sound also catches the deer's attention, looking over to the teens, revealing it had another head, mutated together.

With that, the animal quickly runs off, leaving wide eyed teenagers behind.

After getting over their shock of the newly found animal they came upon, the group of six continued their journey through the woods, all of them walking down a large hill, passing many leafless trees on the way.