11| "𝖨'𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾."

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

"I'VE ALWAYS LIKED THAT NAME."

SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO

SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO

A young Bellamy Blake sat on the floor in his room on the Ark, watching as his mom, Aurora Blake, cried out as quietly as she could, her pregnant belly sticking out from beneath her shirt as she sat on the edge of the sofa.

Sweat laid all over the woman's face and body as she was in labor with her baby. Her son watched the woman with a concerned expression, wishing he could get someone to deliver the baby inside of her.

"Mom, please, let me get a doctor." Bellamy pleads.

"No! You can't tell anyone. Tell me what happens if you do. Say it." Aurora demands through her pants.

"Y-You get floated." Bellamy stammers out. "I don't understand. Why is it wrong to have more than one baby?"

"The Ark couldn't survive. The Chancellor can't allow it." Aurora states.

"He's, like, the Emperor Augustus, right?" Bellamy asks.

Aurora nods. "That's right. Just like the emperor we read about. The baby's coming. Get the blanket."

Obeying, Bellamy grabs the blanket as his mother pushes, a baby girl soon coming out and into her hands. Bellamy wraps the blanket around his new baby sister. For about a minute or so, they sit there before Aurora starts groaning in pain again. Glancing down, her eyes widen upon seeing what was in front of her.

"Bellamy, grab another blanket." Aurora orders.

Holding the baby in his arms just tight enough, the boy obeys as he grabs another, watching as another baby suddenly pops out into his mothers arms. Aurora wraps the other blanket around the second girl, watching as Bellamy then holds both his sisters.

"My brave boy. You have two sisters." Aurora observes with a small smile. "You should name them."

"Augustus had a sister. Only one, though." Bellamy recalls, pointing to one of his sisters. "Octavia."

Aurora smiles a little, looking at her other daughter. "What about her?"

Bellamy looks to his other sister, thinking for a moment. "Y/n. I've always liked that name."

Just then, the two new twin baby girls, Octavia and Y/n, start letting out small cries.

"Bellamy, you can't let them cry. Here. Give them to me." Aurora instructs, holding her arms out.

Doing as told, Bellamy carefully hands Y/n to his mother, then Octavia. He watches as the woman's eyes flutter open and shut as she groans in pain, which makes him carefully and quickly take his sisters back, not wanting his mother to drop them as she was slowly falling asleep.