Seventeen

|Dom's Day|November 19th 2015

|Dom's Day|
November 19th 2015

"Are you sure I didn't over do it?" I asked referring to my outfit. Although it was too late to return it, I was beginning to second guess myself.

"No you understood the assignment, in this industry it's all about keeping the attention on you. You finna have these bitches on their toes. Don't let em see you sweat!" Lexus replied putting on her lipstick.

I nodded.

"Look, I don't say this to the girls here but you got it. You're gorgeous and young, this is the place to be to use that to your advantage. A lot of these bitches playing themselves, but you're different. I can tell you're here for a reason, just don't get caught up."

I let what she said marinate, I didn't know what she meant by not getting caught up. It led me to believe that this shit was just surface level. Nevertheless I wasn't planning on digging any deeper, once you get past gold you hit oil. I'll take her word for it.

I had my own shit to clean up and I wasn't prepared to get into anybody else's mess.

"Let's go, time is money." She smirked.

I walked out behind her and just like the times before I got my head in the game. Even though it was a celebration I wanted to stay focused.

"Just don't get catch up." Those words were like a song playing over and over in my head.

I let my hand guide me as I glided down the long staircase. Peering over I looked at the overcrowded house not looking for anyone hin particular.

Until my eyes met his, dressed in all white attire was the man of the hour. As always his eyes were already on me.

Every time it felt like we were the only two people in the room. My stomach became queasy, I needed to shake it off.

Just as I was nearing the last step, Phil took my hand. "Shake the room." He stated giving me that boost that he didn't even know I needed. Or maybe he did.

"I plan too."

Walking through the crowd, I grabbed a shot of whatever brown liquor the server had on her tray. When finished I returned the empty glass and thanked her.

I swayed over to Dom, I couldn't mingle until I spoke to the guest of honor right? My confidence was getting the best of me. Unfortunately as I got closer I saw that he wasn't alone.

Of course the house was packed but that's not what I meant. I mean there was a woman at his side. She was no one that Ive seen before, and I met all the girls.

I might not remember names but I always remember faces.

I watched closely at their body language. His arm gently tucked around her waist, her hand resting on his chest.