Four.

|Burying my peace

|Burying my peace.|
August 1st 2015

"Seven."

"Seven."

I was zoning out again.

"Seven did you hear me?" Tejah tapped me.

"What?" I snarled.

She sighed.

"It's time, let's go." She said referring to the Doctor that was waiting on us.

I grabbed my purse, following behind the lady into a small room.

"Good Morning.. Seven Huang, did I pronounce that correctly this time?"

No, the same as the last 4 times she butchered my last name, but does it really matter?

I was glad this was the last time I was coming back.

I nodded, I just wanted to go back home and crawl under my sheets. Well Tejahs sheets, that's who I've been staying with since..

It was only temporary, until I went off to college. Which came quicker than expected, I'd be at GSU in less than two weeks.

Since me and Tejah got accepted into the same school we planned on getting a dorm apartment instead of sharing a small ass room. Sadly since we were freshman we couldn't get one off campus. So we'd be rooming with two other girls.

Still it was a lot better than the 4 by 4 cubical they called a dorm.

A few months ago I would of been ecstatic, but now not so much, it didn't feel right.

I wanted to forget, I was good at forgetting. Easy at masking my pain. And it was sad to be able to let go so easily.

"How are you feeling?"

I shrugged.

Like shit same as the last visits.

I took the time to grieve like everyone told to do. I cried all the tears I had left. And after a while I didn't feel anything anymore, I was numb.

I needed to be far away, and college was the perfect escape. I was tired of people asking me if I was okay.

I wasn't, but I hadn't been okay for a long time. So it wasn't anything new.

Khalid just made life worth living.

"Well I just wanted to check on the bleeding, has it stopped?"

I nodded, I was convinced she doesn't even listen. I hadn't bled since my second visit.

"Okay, and have you still been experiencing cramping?"

I shook my head no.

"Seven I cant imagine the emotional stress you're going through especially at this age. I really wish you'd agree to counseling. It's free with insurance and I know you'd benefit from it."