Chapter 22

(Mason pov)

Getting home I expected Justin to be a little mad at me because I didn't answer his messages but what I didn't expect was to see my supposedly dead cousin sitting in our kitchen eating pizza. "Oh my god Mason I've missed you so much, I had been looking for your for years but couldn't find anything" Miley said crying while hugging me but I just stood there, I thought she was dead me and my grandparents had a memorial for her because we thought they took her body and did something with it.

After she had stopped crying she pulled away and backed up a little bit "how are you alive w-we saw the p-pictures of your body and you where dead but your body was missing b-but how are you alive they said you where dead Miley" I said a little above a whisper and she just stared at me looking a little confused, I hadn't known I was crying until I felt a tear sliding down my face and Justin came to hold my hand.

"What is going on i'm confused that's Miley Lewis not Miley Barlowe" Christian said from the dining table, I noticed everyone was looking at me also confused just like Miley is. "I am Miley Barlowe but I had changed my name after I was found bleeding out then I was adopted by the nice family that found me" she said still looking at me "yea i'm not in the mood to eat, how about we all so to the living room so we can figure out what's going on" Justin said and we all went into the living room to figure out what the hell is going on.

I just had been staring at her I can't believe my little cousin is still alive, "um ok Miley why don't you tell us the story on how you're here... Alive" Elijah said still confused on the situation "ok well this all happened when I was 10 about to be 11 and Mason was 16 we lived together at the time because my mom had died giving birth to me and my dad didn't want to take care of me anymore so I live with Mason and his mom.

I use to visit my dad on the weekends, Masons mom would drop me off and pick me up but one weekend she was stuck in a business meeting and called my dad to tell him she was going to be late and after they hung up he went crazy say "you killed my wife and now you're going to kill me" and "I'm not the only one that's going to be dead soon so are you and it's your fault just like everything else, it's always about fucking Miley why can't you just stay outta my like you bastard child" he also use to beat me but I never told anybody not even my closes cousin" she said looking at me.

By now she was crying "maybe we shouldn't talk about this if your still hurting Miley" Justin had said "no I'm fine" she said taking a deep breath "the following weekend I still went to my dad's house because he was calling me telling me that he was sorry and that he would quite drinking but he never did it just got even worse from there. It was night time and I had decided to spend the night there I don't know why but I did I guess I did because he's was the last living parent I had and I didn't want to give him up yet I was such a naive little girl back then, anyways I was up in my old room when I was woken up by yelling and screaming coming from the downstairs and it was after 2 in the morning. I went to the top of the stairs to see my dad getting beat by some guys in dark clothes and they had guns, they saw me and just stared smirking until I ran to my room and looked my door but I heard foot steps come running up then and I knew I was gonna die and it was my dad's fault" she said taking another breath.

"Eventually they found me and dragged me down the stairs towards my dads unconscious body I knew he wasn't dead yet because he was still breathing, after that me and my dad was taken to an abandoned warehouse they killed my dad in front of me and told me it was for the better because he planned on killing me in my sleep before they had came.

I asked them why I was there these guys told me because of what my father did, he had stolen money from the guys mafia and then killed the one guy son and since his son was dead it was only right that I was to die to right along side my dad so the stabbed me in my stomach twice and in my left leg and tossed me in the woods in Washington DC. I don't know how long I was laying there bleeding out but a man and his family was hiking and found me and took me to the hospital, after that it took me awhile to get fully healed but the family that found me took me in and raised me after awhile I had gotten use to them but I missed home a lot ,my adoptive dad couldn't find anything on my dad side of the family so I gave up home on it" Miley wasn't even looking at me or anybody else anymore she was looking at the floor with a blank expression now.

"Ok so I'm assuming you lived with them until you was 18 but how did you meet Justin then" Jace had said and she looked up smiling at Justin I could see a slight blush forming on his face, "well how I met me dear old best friend was in middle school in the 7th grade, he was shorter then the rest of the boys and he was a loner just like me, one day I was late to school and I heard noises coming from the janitors closet when I opened it I saw Justin standing over 2 boys who tried to beat him up but that didn't happen. When he looked at me he was still very angry and of course me being me I said wow for a small little boy you did a great damn job and that just angered him more but he said and do you want to test my patience and I started getting mad then we just ended up fighting but neither of us had gotten a bit in because we dogged each others hits and ended up tired of fighting also outta of breath after that we became inseparable. He was my rock when I needed him and I was his and it's been like that for years" Miley said smiling at Justin he was also smiling at her.

"Miley I'm sorry, I thought you died and it changed me for good and bad I really have missed you but you're here now and I'm glad but one last question. After the family adopted you you took there last name?" I said looking at her again "yeah I had to just in case some more of the guys mafia was looking for me to see if I was dead because like you said nobody ever found my body" she said looking me in the eyes.

"It's late guys we should head to bed and finish this in the morning if anyone else had questions still" Justin had said and we all went our separate was to are rooms not saying anything else.

Sometime in the middle of the night Justin had came into my room with one of my shirts  and his underwear on giving me a sad smile "I couldn't sleep by myself I'm to use to sleeping with one of you so I'm sleeping with you" he said cuddling up to me and I smiled God he can be so cute sometime. I'm glad I have Miley back but there are gonna be people still looking for her even after all these years, I'm just worried she might actually die this time.

---------------------------------------------------------

I know this was a long chapter but it's worth it for chapters to come!