Chapter 27: Desperate Pleas

A/N:

Any bold lines will represent Jay writing in his journal and any italicized lines will represent a flashback of past events.

..............

I have a plan. Well, less of a plan and more of an idea. Really, I'm just driving to Ryan's and fixing everything. How am I supposed to let someone like that just walk, or really fly, out of my life? It was only six months, surely we could survive six months without seeing each other. There were all kinds of social media that we could use to stay in contact, that wasn't the problem. He thinks that we are a lost cause...I am not a lost cause. So, I'm going, not just to save myself from losing him, though...I have to save him from losing part of who he is...to stop him from letting his parents, or anyone (besides me of course) define who he is. What? I'm not gonna let him decide he wants to be a serial killer or something...that would be horrible.

..............

You know those magical moments in movies where the main character shows up at the absolute last second and stops their true love from leaving and there's that long kiss where they forgive each other for whatever mistake had driven them apart and they live happily ever after?...I wanted that. I wanted it so bad that it was all I could think about the entire drive to Ryan's apartment.

My mind kept flashing the image of his face when he saw me, the shock mixed with excitement. The words that I was going to say didn't matter, nothing would matter other than the fact that I made it there...and we would be fine.

I don't know how things are going to work out, whether he'll try and make it on his own, or maybe we'll just keep a long distance relationship on the down low until he got everything figured out. Who cares. All that matters is that we will make it work.

I swerved into the parking lot, throwing my car in park beside the too familiar silver corvette and tripping as I tried to run out of my car. I had time, this was my chance, he was still here. My feet pounded across the ground while I sprinted towards his door. Everything seemed to freeze when I halted outside the familiar door.

"You can do this," I muttered to myself. My hand rose to knock on the door, shaking the entire way. One knock. Pause. Four more. Pause. Three more. And wait. It was our signal for each other, 1, 4, 3. I know it's another one of those dumb things couples do, but it was based off the phrase "I love you." Get it? Yeah...lame.

I heard footsteps approaching the entrance. There was a sigh on the opposite side of the door and I new he had seen me through the eye hole. This was it. Big movie moment "I love you" speech.

"Ryan, I know that I'm not supposed to be here, and that there are reasons why we shouldn't be together, but there are so many more saying that we should. All the conversations, the never ending banter...our promises." My forearms were now pressed against the wooden door with my forehead leaning on my clasped fists. "Ry, I can't get you out of my head, I haven't been able to since we first met. I'd give anything, everything, just to be with you...to have one more chance at us. We've both made mistakes and I know that right now it seems like there's no hope for us, but I NEED you in my life. You are my life at this point...you're my everything." A tear found its way down my cheek as I leaned against the door even more for support. "Please," I took a deep breath, trying to pull back in all of the emotions that I wasn't supposed to feel anymore.

The dead bolt was unlocked and I could hear the door knob being turned. I took half a step back, hope filling my eyes with new tears, tears of joy. Everything was going to be okay. He was going to tell me he felt the same way and we'd have our movie moment kiss and life would finally make sense. We would finally find a happy ending.

The door was open, words were said, and it was being closed once more. My knees met the ground so fast, but not faster than the tears that began pouring down my cheeks. I didn't get my magical moment...no happy ending...but it was over. Ryan was gone.

.........

A/N:

Shorter chapter, but yeah. I hope this made ya feel some feels and stuff. Love you guys! <3

-Tay