Chapter 15: Promising the Sky (And Cheating a Bit)

A/N:

The bold lines will represent Jay writing in his journal and the italicized lines will represent a flashback of past events.

........

"Is the blindfold really necessary?" I was fidgeting in the passenger seat of his car. Ryan had said that he had a surprise planned and made me put a stupid handkerchief on over my eyes when I had gotten into his car. Honestly, I was exhausted. I had gotten up early that morning for some odd reason and hit the ground running with the beauty review and now it was almost one o'clock in the morning and I really just wanted to get some sleep. However, at the same time I was ecstatic that he had something planned for tonight.

"You are such a spoilsport," he teased. Our hands were together between the seats, as always, but for some reason I kept expecting his grasp to disappear and for me to wake up from this dream. Neither happened.

"You've got to give me a hint!"

"It's romantic," he chuckled.

"You are a-"

"An amazing boyfriend? Yes, I know." I could hear the smirk on his face and slapped him on the arm lightly. "Oh, were you going to say that I'm so sexy that you can't wait to get back to the apartment where you could rip off my clothes and-"

"Talk about how much weight you need to lose?" I was blushing furiously at the direction his scenario was taking.

"I am not fat!"

"You're all pale and pudgy, like the Pillsbury Dough Boy." I smiled triumphantly before getting punched, a little harshly I might add, in the shoulder. "Ow." I overplayed the word a bit, just for good measure.

"Are you ever going to come to the gym with me?" He changed the subject.

"No," I shook my head vigorously, "you and your insane workout routine would make me feel all puny and inferior. I prefer my giant ego and would like to keep it that way." I felt the car come to a stop.

"We're here." I heard Ryan get out of the car and waited a moment before my own door was opened and a hand guided me out of the vehicle and onto what felt like grass. "Wait just a minute." I stood there while he moved around, doing whatever to prepare for this "romantic moment." My blindfold was removed a minute or so later and I found Ryan's face only an inch from my own. "Ready for your surprise?" I bit my bottom lip and nodded, it was kind of chilly out, but with the amount of heat Ryan practically gave off I didn't worry about going back into the car for my jacket.

Ryan stepped aside and revealed the same quilt from our picnic, only this time there were a few candles spread around the small area. I was a little confused. Had he brought me out here for a late night picnic?

"What's all this?" I looked up into his eyes, which were glowing with excitement by the way, with a bit of confusion. He rolled his eyes, but didn't lose that goofy smile of his as he pulled me down to the quilt and we lay on our backs beside each other. I looked up at the clear night sky, all the stars bright and visible, when all of a sudden a bright streak shot across the darkness and disappeared. Another followed after a minute or so, just a quick line of light dashing through the black sky before vanishing. "Is there a meteor shower tonight?"

"Just a small one," he pulled me closer to his side, which I was grateful for since I did not have my coat and Ryan was just so warm. "But I wanted to watch the stars with you in the candle light, so we're watching the stars with some candles." He smiled to himself. He was so adorable when he did things like this, when he dropped his usual masculine personality and did something so ridiculously romantic that I would swear that Derek had planned it for him. It was always Ryan, though.

"You are such marshmallow sometimes." I laughed, looking over at his beautiful face. How did I deserve him again? "I love you."

"I love you, too." He kissed my forehead before turning back to watch the stars. I don't remember how long we laid in that field, a comfortable silence lasting until I fell asleep. The next thing I knew I was back in my driveway and Ryan was staring at me with that Ryan look on his face.

"Promise me something?" He asked. I was already half asleep once again, but really tried to focus on him. Well, his face...his eyes...his lips... "Jay?" I snapped out of it, blinking a few times.

"I'm awake, I promise!" He just chuckled and ruffled my hair. "What am I promising you?"

"Promise me that no matter how far apart we may be, that you'll never forget that we're under the same sky."

"Okay Dear John," I snickered at the comparison. "I will promise to always remember you when I look at the sky, if you'll promise me something."

"Anything." The surety in his voice made my heart pound against my chest. Man, is it hot in this car? Or is it just Ryan? Or me, I meant me...or...what?

"Promise that you'll never forget these little moments." I looked into those brown eyes for a long second before Ryan leaned forward and whispered an agreement against my lips before sealing it with a kiss.

..........

(2 Months Later)

I can't believe this is happening...I just, I can't believe it....I love him so much but...three months. We've been together for three months...am I just supposed to forget it happened and forgive him? Blame it on the alcohol and not on the fact that he's still in love with Zack? I mean, what are you supposed to do when this happens? I've thought about how to handle a lot of situations, but the amount of tears blotting this page should tell you that I never expected to get cheated on. Not by Ryan...

..........................

A/N:

I told you things were about to get intense! Thanks for reading, love you guys <3 if you liked this chapter please leave a comment, or a vote, or both! I would definitely love to hear some of your predictions! xx

-Tay