Chapter Sixteen

06th February 2011

The beat of trash club music echoed throughout the room. It had been playing for so long and by now it was getting on everyone's nerves but it was better than listening to cries of pain and whimpers. Boyd was sat on the stairs behind me and I was on the sofa watching them boredly. I'd given up trying to use my power about half an hour ago and was now on a much-needed break.

Isaac looked up so slowly with his lips contorting into that of anger, strength, and determination before he ran forward. He flipped over a piece of furniture, jumping over another before he leapt up onto a beam swinging his claws out to Derek. Derek reached out grabbing onto his chest and slamming him down to the floor with ease.

This happened several times.

On the last time, the moment Isaac got slammed to the floor, Erica leapt from above but just like with Isaac Derek slammed her to the floor as well.

Sighing, he turned to look at all of us (heavens knows why considering it was only Isaac and Boyd training), "does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?" He asked turning around for a second. In that second, Erica leapt up and jumped him forcing her lips to his. Absolute not. No. That is disgusting. Turning away from the scene, I slammed my hand over my mouth to hide the disgust although I'd probably made it more obvious. It took a couple of seconds before he finally managed to push her down wiping the kiss away with his hand.

"That's the last time you do that."

"Why?" She spat, "because I'm a Beta?" He wanted to roll his eyes at her attitude but a smirk began to form on her face.

"No..." oh thank god, I wasn't going to have to get the police involved, "because I have someone else in mind for you," he admitted and Erica narrowed her eyes whilst Isaac huffed all the while I reverted back to being disgusted.

"What? Oh my god are you a pedo?!" I asked, looking over to Derek confused, "I mean... you might want to look into therapy if you are and also we should be running..." I added on gesturing to the other three teens.

"I'm not a pedo," Derek snapped, sounding annoyed at the words.

"Oh well, you could have fooled me!"

"Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal," Isaac cut in.

"Come here..." Derek ordered and Isaac did as told. At that instant, Derek slammed him back and twisted his arm snapping it in half and another involuntary flinch fell through my shoulders, "a hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you to fight? Huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!" He yelled before releasing the boy and pushing himself up.

"If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know. But, they're planning something. And you especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what that is, you all need to learn everything that I know... As fast as I can teach you." With that, he left and went back into the bus.

Watching him leave momentarily, I stepped over to Isaac and rested my hand on the arm which hadn't just been snapped in half, "are you alright?"

He looked at me startled for a second as if no one had ever asked him that question before, and then he nodded and it was like a stone wall shot up in between us, "yeah course." He was acting that was for sure, but I wasn't going to push it. That wouldn't be my place.

Into The Truth [Isaac Lahey]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें