Chapter 9

____________________________________

Creed Cavanaugh
_________________________

The next morning, everyone except Caden and the youngest twins stood in the kitchen, making their own breakfast, when hurried footsteps were heard from outside.

We looked up to see Reign storming inside with a beautiful black box in her hand. It looked a lot like an antique tea box I had once read about.

All of us simultaneously took a step back, looking at her cold gaze.

Reign opened the box and removed a beautiful, antique tea set, and a warm, orchid-like fragrance spread in the kitchen. She quietly made her tea, her cold and indifferent aura completely opposite to the previous welcoming temperament.

A few minutes later, she looked around and sat on the counter itself, pouring the tea in the cup, gently stirring it. She finally took a sip, and took a deep breath as she looked up at us.

"Good morning, everyone." She greeted, as I shook my head lightly with a small smile, just as grandpa dropped his spoon, pointing at her.

"Th-that! What kind of tea is that?" He asked, and we looked at him in confusion.

"Narcissus. Well, Vintage Narcissus." She replied as I choked on my cereal, snapping my head towards her.

"Narcissus?!" Both grandpa and I almost screamed.

"Is something wrong with you?! That's Narcissus, an ancient treasure, Reign! And you're drinking it so casually?" Grandpa asked incredulously, her eyes flashing with annoyance flashed in her eyes, before she smiled, sipping her tea.

"Problem? Don't worry, I have no intentions of sharing it with anyone." She replied, as Caden and River entered the kitchen.