Chapter 19

_____________________________

Third person pov
_____________________

The Italian Mafia, the Caputos, stepped out of their car, the family of three accompanied by dozens of armed bodyguards scattered across the Cavanaugh residence. Even if the Mafia's had been allied decades ago, none of the families took any chances.

The underworld was an unsafe place, where words and promises didn't mean a thing, and you would be destroyed within a day if you trusted the wrong people. It was a world full of people with complicated and questionable morals, and the Council, who maintained peace within the underworld, wasn't an exception.

Maim and murder were one of the most common occurrences within the Mafias, and under those circumstances, trusting someone was suicide, and hence the number of armed bodyguards, along with personal shadow guards for each member of the Mafia families.

Isabella Caputo, the 13 year old heir to the Italian Mafia, glanced around the residence with a blank face, her eyes cold. At a young age, she was aware of the dangers of being born in the mafia, even more of being its sole heir. As a female, and a child, Isabella had been underestimated by multiple people. She wasn't obligated to prove herself to them, she was told, and she followed that advice to this day.

"The only person you need to prove anything to, is yourself, Isabella. And only when you know you are the best version of yourself, have you started becoming an actual leader, little one." She said, as Isabella looked at the group with determined eyes and fists clenched, a clear goal in her mind.

The family of three entered the residence with two guards on either side, as the Cavanaughs - all above the age of 21 - stood up to welcome them.

The French family, the Alaries, were present beforehand, a tree atmosphere present in the living room of the Cavanaugh mansion.