Life Is In Slow Motion

Nash POV

I'm extremely busy the next few weeks, we fly to New York and I go on the Today Show, The View and I have interviews for newspapers. I constantly check my phone to see if Cameron has contacted me, I feel like such an idiot for not memorizing his number. I'm worried that he'll think I don't want him anymore when it's the furthest thing from the truth.

I called the the offices of Sports Illustrated and they refused to give me any information on Cameron. He has no social media accounts and his number is unlisted. I hope that he breaks down and contacts me soon.

I'm flying out to California in a few weeks to be interviewed for more shows. I want to see him so badly. I need him. I was so close to realizing my dream until my father fucked it up, now I feel like I'm back to square one. I'm at a convenience store grabbing some snacks when I see a picture of myself on the cover. When did I interview with the times? I don't remember ever doing it. I pick it up and flip through the pages until I reach mother article, Cameron wrote it. I can't believe he got me into The Times magazine, millions of people read it.

I pay for my snacks and the magazine and head back out to the car where my father is waiting. I read what Cameron wrote about me. The way he writes about me shows he truly cares and admires me. I can't believe my idol wrote all those amazing things about me. Reading the article makes me want him so much more. I've been giving Chad the silent treatment since he deleted Cameron's number from my phone, I'm still angry about it and I'm not ready to forgive him just yet.

The weeks pass by quickly and I finally am in California. I'm determined to find Cameron while I'm here, I can't lose him when I just got him.

Fucking Chad. I can't wait until I'm free and I can't move wherever I want, just a few more months. I don't tell Chad about my plans I know he'd find a way to ruin them. I just hope that Cameron is agreeable to being my manager. I'm not sure how he'll react to be honest.

I hope that Cameron is watching this interview. I want to say something that will catch his attention and make him contact me. When the news anchor asks me about the article , I give a nice answer. I want to slap myself in the face because I missed my chance. I'm upset at myself, at Chad and even at Cameron. Even though I didn't call he could have sent me a text to check up on me. It's frustrating to me to be so close to him and not have any idea where he lives.

When I'm in my hotel room alone I think about Cameron,I'm don't have any pictures of us and I wish I had. I miss him so much. My phone buzzes and my heart drops when I see the number with the California area code. It has to be Cameron.

11:56pm Hey Nash it's Cameron. I saw that you are in town, still waiting on that call 😘

I grin as I save the number, fucking finally, I'm so happy. Using reverse phone look up I find out his address. I'm antsy for the morning to come and as soon as the sun starts to rise I catch an uber to the address. I spot a dunkin donuts and I jog across the street and get us some coffee and donuts. My stomach growls at the site of the donuts but I head back to the apartment building Cameron lives at. I'm standing in front of the door and I take a few deep breaths before knocking on the door.

"I got your message and I couldn't wait to come see you," I tell him and he lets me inside. I'm immediately attacked by a big dog and I laugh as I set the food down and start scratching his ears.

"I'm sorry I never called, Chad factory restored my phone while I was sleeping, he used that stupid find my iPhone feature." I explain and Cameron sits next to me

"God I'm such fucking idiot. I let my insecurities get the best of me," he mutters and I abruptly climb on to his lap. He looks at me for a few minutes and I lean in and take his lips into mine. We can talk after I'm done kissing him, right now I want to kiss him until our lips swollen from overuse.