I Found A Boy

Cause I found a boy who I love more than I ever did you before,
so stand beside the river I cried and let yourself down.
Look how you want me now that I don't need you.

Cameron POV

Seeing Shawn on my way back from the bathroom is shocking, he has his guitar strapped to his back and it's clear that he's about to perform. He has his hot tea in his hand, he always drinks that before his shows. Musicians are superstitious and some follow an exact ritual before they perform.

His eyes light up with happiness and my brain connects the dots, he's Nash's new friend and this is the show that he invited me to. I never called him back or responded to his texts because I want nothing to do with him. He suddenly has an epiphany that he needs me now but I am actually grateful that he did what he did to me because that lead me straight to Nash. I feel nothing in my heart for Shawn, I don't even want to be friends. I hope Nash won't be upset that I want to leave, we can go to a comedy club with our friends and have a good night out instead of standing at this show supporting someone I have no interest in supporting.

"Oh god, I was so scared that you weren't going to come. I'm so happy to see you, you don't even know, baby. I'm so glad you're giving us a second chance." Shawn rushes out happily, he presses his body against me and connects our lips. I hear a glass shatter as I shove him away from me. I see Nash turn and bolt out of the venue.

"Fuck!" I curse and I take off after him, all I need to do is catch up to him and explain what happened to him.

I can see him down the street and he runs through a red light, he gets in a cab and they drive off before I can reach them. I run my hand through my hair and tug at it violently as I turn and walk back to the venue to excuse myself from the Jacks and Matt. I don't even want to waste time talking to Shawn, my priority is to find Nash.

I walk back into the club and quickly find them

"Jack, something happened and I need to go find Nash. I'll explain afterwards but I'm sorry for wasting your time," I say rapidly and I don't wait to hear his reply. I jog back out to my car and I turn it on. I rest my head against the wheel for a few minutes as I try to curb my panic. I breathe deeply and close my eyes, I block out all the sound and concentrate on Nash.

I know my baby and I know where he'll be. It's the same place I would go when I was upset over something. We are just getting our life together started and I know he's going to continue to achieve great things. I'm going to make sure that I'm a part of his life. That inconsequential moment is not going to define us.

After calming my spirit, I sit up and begin to drive to Dolphin Aquatics. Nash and I were given keys so that we have 24 hour access to their state of the art pool. As soon as I enter the building I can hear Nash swimming rapidly, I breathe in deeply. The scent of chlorine calms me and it's so strange how I associate that smell with happiness. It is, after all, the reason why Nash and I found each other. It was through our love of swimming.

I don't enter the pool yet, I go into the locker room and quickly change out of my clothes and into my swimming attire. We have everything ready for the beginning of training for Nash, I stored some of my things here just in case I need to help Nash with something.

When I enter the pool room Nash freestyles through the water. His powerful strokes propel him forward and I hope he warmed up before jumping in. I doubt he did because he's most likely extremely upset. I walk to the edge of the pool where Nash is swimming towards and when he gets close I jump in. The entire pool is deep, it's an Olympic size pool that is kept with the latest technology including the touch sensors on the wall for accurate timing.