Give, Asking Nothing In Return

Cameron POV

Nash is pretty distraught to find out his father had been stealing money from him. I pull him into my lap and he buries his face in my neck, I can feel his hot tears soaking into my shirt and I honestly could kill Chad for what he's done to Nash. He's betrayed him in ways a father should never betray his child. Instead of looking out for his child's best interest, he used him and took the money that Nash earned through sponsorships but also from the hours of sweat that Nash put in training and making sure he's a high caliber swimmer. That's the only way he got the sponsorships, they don't come to mediocre swimmers.

I rub his back and make soothing sounds, his body shakes with the force of his cries. He trusted his father to look out for his best interests and instead his father was taking money that rightfully belonged to Nash and pocketing it to do God knows what. My phone buzzes in my pocket but I ignore it, Nash is my priority right now. When his sobs slow down, he lifts his head and I wipe his tears gently.

"I know it's difficult to deal with something like this, baby. I'm with you every step of the way, I'll do whatever you want. If you want to go after him, we can do that or if you just want to write it off we can do that as well." I murmur gently and I brush his hair out of his face tenderly. He let it grow a bit during his break but he'll cut it shorter once he begins training again.

"I don't want to go after him, he can keep the fucking money. But I will let him know that I hope the money was worth it because he lost a son over it. I'll return to North Carolina to visit my mom and my siblings. He can rot in hell for all I care," Nash replies bitterly and I sigh softly because I know he's hurt and angry and it's just going to have to be something he works through, I know my words won't take the pain away but I will support him in anyway possible and try to make it easier for him. He has me 100% of the way.

"I'm with you, baby." I whisper tenderly and he gives me a small smile. My phone buzzes again and this time I pull it out of my pocket and look at who's messaging me. It's Shawn. He called me and I ignored the call but then he sent me a message a few days ago about attending a show of his this weekend. I already have plans with Nash and even if I didn't I wouldn't attend. Shawn is my past, Nash is my present and my future. I have no desire to ever see Shawn again.

Shawn- Cameron you didn't pick up or reply to my message. I really would like you to come to my show tomorrow night. It would mean so much to me if you did.
Shawn- I know this is kind of low but if you ever loved me then I'm begging you to come tomorrow, there's something special for you there.

I sigh and then throw my phone on the couch, I need to get my number changed. I don't understand why Shawn is so persistent now after years that I spent missing and pining for him. The love I have for Nash very clearly shows me that what I felt for Shawn was not love. This is love. This boy cuddled up in my lap showed me what true love is.

"I want to call Chad," Nash says a while later. We've been sitting here in silence, I'm letting Nash process the situation in his head and I also want to be here to give him what ever comfort I can.

"We can do that, Nash." I reply and I grab his phone, I find the contact and press the green call button. I put it on speaker phone so we can both hear. He sits sideways on my lap and then lays his head on my shoulder. He closes his eyes while we wait for Chad to pick up the call. Part of me wants to get this over with but the other part wants to avoid getting Nash more worked up and upset than he is now.

"Nash." Chad says firmly when he picks up the phone.

"Chad, I'm sure you know what I'm calling about," Nash says quietly and I can hear the pain in his voice. I rub his back gently, I know he's trying hard not to cry again because he doesn't want Chad to know exactly how much this has affected him.