Broken Heart and Blistered Feet

Nash POV

After taking me a second time Cameron and I shower together before heading home. It's been such a stressful evening that I really needed that kind of release, I feel completely relaxed now. God, that hour that I thought Cameron was going back to Shawn was the worst hour of my life. Nothing compares to that moment in time, not even the most heartbreaking loss comes close to the pain I felt.

I still feel stupid for unknowingly encouraging Shawn to steal my boyfriend. What are the odds that Cameron's ex was the person I sat next to and hit it off with on my plane ride here? I'm just happy everything worked out and that Cameron and I are still together.

I cuddle in bed with him, I rest my head on his chest and he plays with my hair gently. I'm not sleepy yet but I just rest with my eyes closed and I rub his stomach gently. My phone buzzes and I haven't looked at it at all, I know Shawn must be confused about the whole situation but I don't want to deal with it right now. I just want to concentrate on my relationship with Cameron.

We fall asleep comfortably and when I wake up in the morning I'm sore but I don't care because I loved every minute of it. Cameron still sleeps and I lift my head from his chest. I study his face, I'm so lucky to be able to call this man mine. He's absolutely breathtaking, his lips, his eye, his smile. Everything about him is amazing. I run my hand across his stomach, his body is beautiful. I feel inadequate compared to him but for some reason he found me attractive and liked me enough to enter in a relationship with him.

My phone buzzes and I sigh because it's probably Shawn. I roll over and pick it up from the nightstand to look at my messages.

From Shawn✈️
Nash, I'm so confused why did you run last night? How do you and Cameron know each other?
From Shawn✈️
Neither if you are responding to my messages, what's going on?
From Shawn✈️
Please reply as soon as can...

I stare at the messages for a while, I'm not sure what I'm going to say to him.

To Shawn✈️
Cameron is my boyfriend, he's the one I moved across the country to be with. The only reason he was at that show was because of me, I wanted him to meet my new friend. He's moved on Shawn, I know the advice I gave you conflicts with what I'm saying now but that man is 100% mine. I'm sorry you missed your chance to reconcile with him but if you hadn't cheated you wouldn't be in this predicament. I'm sorry if this is kind of harsh but I'm very protective of my relationship with Cameron. I'm naturally a jealous person but I won't allow anyone or anything to break us apart, including you.

I know I sent him an essay but I want to make it clear that he needs to stop pursuing Cameron. He reads the message almost immediately but doesn't respond right away, he must be processing what I told him. When I turn back to Cameron his eyes are open and I smile at him. His bed hair looks so sexy and his skin has my love bites scattered throughout. His lips are still plump from our passionate kisses from last night.

"Hi, baby..." he murmurs and his morning voice melts me inside, I cuddle up to him. I press a soft kiss on his lips, I don't give a fuck about morning breath.

"Good morning, babe." I say and I rest my head on his chest again, I feel relieved that I am in his arms. Last night could have gone so much worse and I'm so glad that we were able to work things out because the thought of living without Cameron terrifies me.

"How'd you sleep, beautiful?" He asks and he runs his hand through my hair, I close my eyes and feel like purring.

"I slept perfect," I reply truthfully, he wore me out so much last night and I had a deep, restful sleep.

"I sorry about the whole Shawn situation. I feel so bad, baby. You didn't have to go through that and I feel like it's my fault." Cameron whispers and I lift my head to look into his eyes.