Hold On Tight

Cameron POV

Weeks have passed by since Nash left and I miss my blue eyed boy desperately. FaceTime and Skype are not enough for me, I want to have him in my arms. I open my email and read a message from the editor to the Times. She wants to offer me a permanent position as a Sports columnist. It's an amazing opportunity and I close the email without responding. I had already promised Nash I would manage him and that's what I want to do. We would be together all the time and it may not be healthy but it's what I want.

He's my obsession.

I chew on the inside of my mouth as I think about how different my like would be if I hadn't fallen in love with Nash. I'd definitely take this position and travel the world, writing about the thing I'm most passionate about; sports. Instead I'll get to travel the world with the love of my life, because that's what he is. The way I feel for him is unparalleled, my relationship with Shawn doesn't come close to my relationship with Nash. The love I feel for him is all consuming and I think about him all the time.

I get dressed because I'm going out with Jack tonight, he's not really approving of my relationship with Nash, he feels like I should have contacted Shawn instead of Nash but why would I try to rekindle a failed relationship when I have a beautiful boy who's in love with me, who's willing to give up his family to be with me? That's sacrifice, that's love. Shawn couldn't stay faithful when I was at my worst, I can't trust him and trust is the most important thing in a relationship.

I send a quick text to Nash letting him know I love and miss him before I slide my phone in my pocket and head out to the bar to meet up with Jack.

"Sup, bro?" I ask him as I sit down next to him. He gives me a happy smile and I know what that means, he's back with Jack Johnson, fashionista extraordinaire and write for Elle. "Jack, are you serious?"

He nods and grins at me. Their last breakup was caused by the flamboyant Jack, he needed to 'find himself' and he couldn't do that if he was spending all of his time with Jack.

"I guess the inferior Jack found himself?" I ask and Jack rolls his eyes.

"He told me he realized he can't live without me. He's actually coming here after his photo shoot," Jack warns me and I square my shoulders and brace myself for the hurricane known as Jack Johnson. It's hard to keep up with him sometimes, he must have ADD because he will jump from subject to subject like nothing.

"Cameron, darling! It's so nice to see you again!" Jack J. exclaims as he opens his arms widely and wraps them around me. I barely got anytime to prepare myself but I give him a tight smile and pat his back lightly. He turns to Jack and presses a passionate kiss on his lips before sliding on to his lap and taking a sip of his drink.

"So what have you been up to in the months we haven't seen each other?" He asks and I know he's just being polite, he'll let me answer before he launches into a very detailed account of his life. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out.

My ♡ - I miss you too baby, can't wait to see you. Ugh it's sucks so badly being apart, December can't come soon enough

I smile at his cute message and when I look up Jack J. is looking at me with a thoughtful expression.

"You're in love." He declares and I tilt my head at him, I didn't realize he knew me so well. But we've been friends by proxy since he met Jack years ago so I guess he does know me pretty well.

I blush a little. "Yes I am in love."

"Who has caught your eye?" He asks and I hesitate to tell him about Nash and I. But they'll meet in a few months anyway so I decide to tell him.