Black Holes and Revelations

Nash POV

I push myself hard as I immerse myself in training once more. Mahoghany's coaching style fits me so well, I can take criticism from her way better than my last coach. My first event since my big move is coming up, Cameron and I are flying to New York together. I love the fact that we can  spend all of our time together and not get sick of each other. I want him around all of the time and I know he wants the same from me.

I finish my lap and I look up at the clock with a small smile on my face, I basically just beat my own world record. I have a reinvigorated passion for swimming, being around my father kind of made me jaded but Cameron's passion is infectious and he inspires me just like he did a few years ago.

I take off again to do my cool down routine. Mahogany gave me some pointers that made me feel the difference immediately, I'm not trying to be cocky but I feel untouchable right now. When I'm finished Cameron is back in the room, I know he had a few meetings over the phone while I was practicing but just the knowledge that he was in the same building as I kept me going.

I get out of the pool and Cameron comes up to me with a towel. He rubs me down and I giggle as he presses gentle kisses on my nose.

"You look amazing out there, baby." He murmurs and I blush, he makes me feel so bashful. He's been my idol for years and I don't think I'll ever get used to him complimenting me.

"Thank you, babe." I tell him and we kiss softly.

We're interrupted by Matthew who comes up to us, he was swimming a few lanes down from where I was swimming. Cameron and I are not scared to be affectionate in public, we're open with our relationship and do not actively hide it from the public.

"So I was wondering, Cameron... if you could manage me as well," Matthew says shyly and this is new for him, he's usually more confident than I am.

Cameron glances at me and I nod at him. Cameron managing Matt means I get to spend more time with my best friend. We'll be competing at the same events but maybe now Cameron can include Matt in some of my sponsorship deals.

"I'd love to, Matt. You're going to the New York event, right? I can sit down with you and your father to hash out the specifics." Cameron says in a friendly tone, I'm glad that my best friend and boyfriend get along well.

I hit the showers and when I exit it, I'm rubbing my hair dry and carrying my gym bag. I see a news crew interviewing Mahogany and hear her mention my name. I guess they want to get information on my big move to California, Cameron comes up to me and I give him a questioning smile.

"They wanted to interview you and Mags together, they basically just asked her some questions on what it's like to coach a gold medalist and some stupid stuff like if she thinks she even has anything to teach you. Do you want to answer a few questions?" He asks me and he's truly leaving it up to me. I nod because even though I swim for the love of the sport and competition, publicity is good too, especially for sponsorships. I used to hate sponsorships because it's all my dad ever talked about but Cameron makes it so much better to tolerate.

When they're done with Mahogany they approach me and I have a friendly smile on my face.

"Hello, Nash. Thank you for agreeing to interview with us," the journalist says with a happy smile on her face. I nod and wait for her questions.

"There are rumors that the break you had with your father who used to manage you was not amicable. It's also being said that your new manager, former World champion, Cameron Dallas, is also your boyfriend. Would you care to touch on those rumors?" She asks and I knew these questions were going to come eventually and I generally don't like personal questions but I just want to clear the air so people don't keep asking the same thing.